2 months ago
Certified Flight Instructor
Certified Flight Instructor
L3 Doss Aviation is hiring a full-time Certified Flight Instructor for our Initial Flight Training (IFT) Program for the United States Air Force (USAF) located in Pueblo, CO. The Certified Flight Instructor provides training, evaluates performance and serves as a mentor/professional developer to new military aviators.
You will demonstrate success by:
Conducting training (ground and flight duties) in accordance with the applicable USAF Air Education and Training Command (AETC) Syllabus and FAA training requirements.
Providing ground instruction on aircraft systems, training maneuvers, procedures and other flight related subjects.
* Training and screening pilot, combat system officer, remotely piloted aircraft pilot and international military student pilot candidates.
* Conducting preflight/post flight-debriefings and providing in-flight instruction to ensure students have a thorough understanding and comprehension of the training materials.
* Executing military-style flight training instruction, which consists of basic flight tasks and maneuvers including steep turns, slow flight, stalls, area emergency procedures, ground reference maneuvers, normal patterns, emergency patterns, clock-to-map-to-ground navigation, pilotage and dead reckoning.
* Completing electronic gradebook entries to insure syllabus requirements are met.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Education: High School Diploma/Equivalent
Experience: 1 - 2 Years
License(s)/Certificate(s): Current FAA CFI Certificate w/ Airplane Single Engine Land Privileges
Minimum requirements: 100 dual hours instruction given, Class III Medical
Preferred: Recent Military Undergraduate Flight Training experience as a fully qualified instructor or fully qualified flight instructor teaching technologically advanced aircraft in large Part 141 flight school.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office
* Working conditions include outdoors, hangar, office, ramp, aircraft, classroom
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Jun 25, 2019, 3:04:28 PM
Email this job
To access this job from another device, Email this information to yourself.
Name should not be empty
Recipient’s email address
Email should not be empty
Please enter a valid Email
Email has been sent sucessfully
No locations found