7 months ago
Disassembly, inspection, repair, and assembly of jet engines, troubleshooting and rigging of engines, removal, inspection, testing, repair, and installation or replacement of engine components.
Reviews and completes forms documentation and CAMS input, insures technical data and tool control are in use on all work assignments.
Insures clean work areas and FOD control. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must have a minimum of 1 year documented jet engine mechanical experience (DD Form 214 or employment record) or successful and documented completion of formal schooling (power plant license) or completion of the ECI Course relating to that job classification.
Physical Requirements for Aircraft Maintenance Positions:
* Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and portable stands and navigate these without assistance of others.
* Must be able to work at heights 20 feet above the ground (as applicable).
* Must be able to work in extreme heat/cold.
* Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, chemicals, odors, dust.
* Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, balance, push, pull, kneel, grasp, crouch, crawl, work in narrow aisles/passageways, and work in close spaces that restrict movement including aircraft fuel tanks for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time.
* Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, typing.
* Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes (as applicable).
* Must be capable of routinely performing industry standard hand movements required to complete tasks.
* Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 40 pounds.
* Must be able and willing to enter and work in confined spaces, such as aircraft fuel tanks and beneath floor panels with clearances of 24”.
* Must undergo a physical as required by the CBA or Company to determine ability to perform the job with or without accommodation.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally.
* Must be able to wear all required PPE (as applicable).
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
: Day - 1st
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Individual Contributor
: Jun 25, 2018, 3:34:25 PM