4 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 07/20/2018
Posting Close Date: 08/03/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Catering Systems Analyst
This position will be responsible for the day to day oversight of the catering management system (CMS) and will act as a subject matter expert. This person will be involved with the implementation of the system and then once up and running they will oversee the day to day operation of the system from a back-end perspective. They will liaison with the Catering Management team, suppliers, vendors and internal and external IT departments.
* Ensure business process/rules are developed to optimal efficiency and are developed to provide the benefit to the business as outlined.
* Perform training to internal and external users of the system while acting as "super-user" for first level support.
* Run reports on either scheduled intervals or ADHOC requests from the reporting engine of the system, including exporting to Power BI and data manipulation there.
* Troubleshooting and problem solving all technical glitches/bugs and reporting them up thru the approved reporting structure (to be defined) with vendor to remedy a solution.
* Input and control business rules of the system. These will be defined by the business leaders and will need to be inputted, modified or deleted from the system on a periodical basis.
* Control access to the system via administrator functionality with regards to user controls. This will include setting up and deactivating users, password reset and periodic audits.
* Ensure all data feeds out of the system into other WestJet systems and vice versa are performing as designed. Work with internal IT and external vendor support to solution and resolve any issues.
* Setup test environments for the business to perform different scenario's and what ifs.
* Work with manager, project team, vendor and IT to support system implementation ensuring catering services needs are met.
* Knowledge of how process flows work, within a system environment
* Experience in training technical material to an audience
* Project Management experience would be an asset
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task
* Demonstrated ability to be positive, approachable and supportive of all internal and external team members, keeping the team focused, informed and up to date
* Analytical skills and solution-finding (problem solving) skills are required
* Ability to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
* Self-motivated and able to work independently.
* Demonstrate WestJet Values
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.