Employment is subject to successful completion of the induction training course and subject to satisfactory references enabling you to obtain an airside pass.
This role is for Full time Permanent Nights @ £8.6191 per hour plus night shift supplement of £94.53 a month
Salary is £8.61 per hour.
You will be provided a uniform which you will be required to wear to the company standard.
You will be entitled to holiday which will be accrued at approximately 14 hours per month and can be taken on application and subject to availability only.
Any holiday not taken will be paid at the end of the contract.
You will be paid monthly with any additional hours and deductions being applied a month in arrears.
Overtime is applicable at a rate of 1.25 times your hourly salary once you have exceeded 37.5 hrs per week calculated over a monthly period.
You will be provided car parking at Swissport cost.
Ramp Agents provide the necessary under-wing ground support services to aircraft as required by our customer airlines. This includes (but not be limited) to the loading and unloading of baggage and cargo and mail, sorting and transporting baggage to and from the aircraft and the operation of specialist ground servicing equipment.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
- Unload air cargo and mail, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Provide special handling of cargo/mail as required
- Placement of chocks and cones around the aircraft
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include cargo tugs, cargo carts, aircraft steps, belt loaders, aircraft ground power units, tow bars, container loaders, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft de-icing units, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
- Collect and load live animals and dangerous goods on onto aircraft
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Other duties as assigned
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements. Qualifications and Competencies
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full driving license
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desire
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fuelling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.