Line Up Aviation
is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity. Role:
Capability Development Project Manager Pay:
12 Months Location:
Brize Norton Description of the Job:
Tasks and Accountability:
- Provide support to the company in delivering current A400M tasks
- Ensuring the timely and safe delivery and recovery of capable aircraft and crews
- Maintain and develop a network of contacts based on trust and to foster a good multi-agency working Relationship.
- To provide support to the customer, acting as a facilitator between industry and defence, in all areas of the business.
- To provide support and advice directly to all areas of the business, both at Brize Norton and overseas.
- Provide a steady progression towards unlocking current certified capabilities.
- Provide sound advice and support to future capabilities
The role is divided into two key areas:
Capability Development, Trials & CSO
- Capability Development, Trials and CSO – for Capability Development, Trials and Contractor Support to Operations (CSO) tasks associated to this area, the incumbent shall functionally report to the Capability Development Manager (CDM)
- Business Operations – for Military Affairs (MA) & Business Support tasks associated to this area, the incumbent shall functionally report to the Business Operations Manager (BOM)
In all cases the CDM is primarily responsible for the tasks detailed below, but the Dep CDM shall assume the role when requested or whenever the CDM is unavailable, for example attending the Weight & Balance Manual Forum.
Military Affairs & Support to Business management
- provide expert knowledge and assistance to the CDM, Design Office, trials and delivery teams when analysing faults and issues associated with aircraft systems, cargo / aerial delivery systems and any associated equipment or materials.
- Support shall encompass all aspects of the aircraft development and is not limited to one area of the aircraft over any other.
- attend meetings where the CDM is unavailable, including Programme meetings and shall act as the Chairman of the Cargo Hold User Group (CHUG), keeping accurate notes and minutes of each to prepare post meeting reports for reference and archiving and to retrospectively brief the CDM.
- participate fully in work to develop and release new capabilities in conjunction with the programme office, development teams and DO, facilitating and progressing on-going activities.
- work in conjunction with ATEC to deliver the Delta Trials contract and facilitate other trials activity, attending the CTTWG (monthly), CIWG (Periodically) and DTWG (weekly) meetings.
- responsible for confirming the validity of the requirement and the boundaries of the task with the DE&S Project Team Designating Officer.
- manage the process associated with the safe deployment, support to the deployment and recovery of those personnel deployed on any CSO task.
- CSO pre & post deployment administration (intelligence & security briefings, assistance with visas, contract reporting and allowances) and for holding and maintaining the readiness of the stock of CSO PPE.
- contract monitoring and data gathering tasks to BOM for CSO activities in support of any associated By-Event-Service.
- provide contract monitoring and data gathering tasks to BOM for Delta Trial activities in support of the Delta Trials Contract and shall provide support and advice to contractual negotiations between the company and other relevant parties.
- provide contract monitoring and support when required, to new or emerging contracts (where relevant to role) as part of the Business Operations team.
- provide weekly feedback to the BOM and participate in the weekly drumbeat meetings as well as inputs to Monthly and Quarterly reports.
- provide support to Central Programme tasks such as the UK Team Leader Review and the twice weekly UK Topics Awareness Webex calls.
- report on UK activities and topics of interest or concern to Airbus management and should be ready to deliver a report on activities back to the customer at up to 1* level (such as the WBM Forum report).
- lead any military engagement tasks in support of the business, including Marketing & Communications, Media and Military awareness tasks, such as public speaking engagements with Royal College of Defence Studies, RUSI etc.
- responsible for the support to large military engagement events such as Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT), to ensure that the military requirements are met, but also that any additional military support required for the companies activities is fulfilled. They will also be responsible for managing any team members supporting this activity.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Donna Bettiss at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”