4 months ago
Specific Job Description
This position is for a CAD Operator who will work as a part of the Merlin Training Facility (MTF) Team based at RNAS Culdrose and report to the LM Training System Engineering Manager.
Responsible to the MTS Device Engineering Lead for the incorporation of device drawing changes resulting from the Maintainer Training System Upgrade.
Assist the Drawing Office Lead in maintaining all maintainer device drawing issue status records for the Maintainer Training System Upgrade.
The role will be on an ad-hoc/as required basis.
* The CAD operator will act as a CAD operator within the LM drawing Office for the Maintainer Training System Upgrade and report on the activities and status of the Drawing Office
* Follow the approved Quality Control procedures to ensure the highest quality Drawing Office output is achieved.
* Prepare for configuration audits (PCA, FCA, BSV and Process) of maintainer device drawing pack as modified within the Maintainer Training System Upgrade.
* Liaise with LMA Quality Assurance (QA) on all drawing related issues regarding the Maintainer Training System Upgrade.
* Liaise with MTS Maintainer Device Engineering Staff on all drawing related issues regarding the Maintainer Training System Upgrade.
* Report on the activities and status of the Drawing Office.
Additional/Occasional Duties and Tasks:
Maintain drawing CM documentation by following the approved process.
The role will not be authorized to provide services to Lockheed Martin, which are directly related to business development, acquisition, or sales efforts for a Lockheed Martin customer or potential customer. Any exception to this rule can only be granted, in advance, by the Lockheed Martin UK Business Practices representative or legal counsel representative.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Fully qualified CAD operator
* Qualified Draftsman
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Working experience of conducting CAD activities within the defence environment
* Working knowledge and experience of working in a Drawing Office
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.