29 days ago
CAD Civil Engineering Technician
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
1 week ago(02/01/2019 16:23)
Number of Openings
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Civil Engineering Technician within our AMD department. This role will report into the Design Manager. The ideal candidate would be a person trained in the practice of Engineering Technology and CAD, who is responsible for producing design drawings and developing solutions for technical problems. Ability to create design engineering drawings that satisfy project requirements. You will be responsible for the delivery of project drawings from inception to completion in accordance with the time, quality, objectives set down by daa. Drawings will be produced with the control procedures defined within the amd project execution systems. Best practice is to be applied in relation to all drawing production processes.
You will undertake the day to day drawing requirements of the civil engineering elements associated with various projects including; airfield projects, site works, utilities, external works associated with buildings, car parks and minor roads works. Working in liaison with Project Design Engineers to create the design and layout of a project by production of drawings to daa CAD standards.
* Hold a recognised qualification in CAD or Engineering Technology
* Have experience in production of civil engineering drawings
* Have knowledge / experience of topographical surveys and digital mapping.
* Have experience in drawing office data registers and repositories.
* Minimum 5 years experience post qualification
* Requirement to be motivated, driven, enthusiastic, hard-working
* Have a track record in excellent employment performance
* A working knowledge of REVIT / BIM and 3D modelling would also be of benefit.
* Committed to daa values
* Production of drawings to xref and layering requirements of daa.
* Management of the drawing mark up process including maintaining all previous markup and revision history.
* Responsible for drawing registers and issue sheets – ensuring they are filed appropriately in the project files.
* Ensure drawings are completed in accordance with timelines, quality, and cost objective as set out by daa and in compliance with best in class governance and controls procedures as defined within daa's amd programme / project execution system.
* Have a positive “can do” attitude and be capable of working on a number of projects simultaneously
* Be proactive in co-ordinating project drawing requirements between fellow design colleagues, project managers, asset care personnel and external consultants
* Compilation and standardisation of civil engineering drawing standards
* Be flexible and supportive to other sections / diciplines in amd and assist in special projects as required
* Collect/collate information and relevant data regarding the design as basis for startup.