6 months ago
Following a very exciting internal promotion, we are currently seeking a hands-on leader to join our current Cabin Crew Management team based at Melbourne airport.
Creating a safe and enjoyable customer experience is at the heart of what we do. It is imperative that our Cabin Crew remain informed and compliant with our company's operation manuals, policies and all relevant legislation. And this is where our experienced group of Cabin Crew Managers become involved!
As Cabin Crew Manager, you will be based within our crew room situated at Melbourne airport and will be responsible for performance related issues, reviews and development of our Star Development Managers and Cabin Crew working within our 24/7 operation. Comfortable working rostered shifts, you will be required to be on-call (in rotation) and will assist with operational decisions that need to be made outside of normal hours of work.
Reporting to the Manager Crew Performance, South, your key responsibilities of this role will include:
* Accountability for the overall performance of our Star Development Managers and Cabin Crew, including recruitment, management and development of your team
* Ensuring ongoing compliance with relevant legislation, Aviation Security, Health and Safety and Jetstar policies
* Support the delivery of training and induction of all new crew to base
* Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to contribute to overall Jetstar business objectives.
* Lead crew engagement initiatives and influence the delivery of excellence customer service
* Act as a role model for our standards of conduct including presentation, behaviour and consistently engaging our company values
* Review, analyse and map patterns in terms of absenteeism, no shows and lateness.
To be considered for this role you will have:
* Current experience managing a team of face to face customer service professionals demonstrating strong attendance, reliability and strong leadership.
* Exposure to front-line team management highly regarded
* Site based leadership skills with the ability to motivate and support a remote team in the air and on the ground (high priority)
* Ability to plan, prioritise a high volume of workload
* Exposure to managing teams in a shift/rostered work environment
* Proven influencing skills in driving customer service and operational initiatives.
* Strong business awareness and the ability to understand and communicate corporate initiatives and strategies across the team
* Exceptional communication, networking, negotiating, influencing, team-player, engaging skills - all relevant internal and external stakeholders
* A natural ability to deliver difficult messages with confidence, handle conflict when required and champion consistency, fairness and correct application of policies and processes here at Jetstar.
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 250 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 5000 flights a week to more than 85 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 130 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.
Applications will close strictly 5pm AEDST Sunday 25 March 2018.