over 2 years ago
The C130 Aerospace Engineer is responsible to serve as an expert providing
singular and unique technical expertise and advice on the C-130H aircraft.
The Engineer will serve as a technical expert for engineering acquisition and engineering logistical support for the total aircraft
systems and subsystems. The duties include, but are not limited
to: field inquiry and investigation response, supporting the USAF C-130H Systems Program Office’s Operational Safety, Suitability and Effectiveness Reliability and Maintainability program, overseeing the program specific Corrosion Prevention and Control Program and Structural Integrity Program, conducting prediction, assessment and modeling, conducting mishap investigations, and technical data/publication
and change review services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for system and subsystem engineering, planning, risk mitigation, configuration
control, problem solution
and modification and sustainment of the aircraft.
* Serves as
staff specialist providing technical project
guidance for sustainment and procurement activities
for the C-130H aircraft.
* Provide overall
Aerospace engineering services functions
maintain the primary
interface with the USAF System
Program Office’s C-130H Aerospace Engineer.
familiarity and experience in aerospace systems or structures, and other determinates or indeterminate systems which include the following:
mechanical systems, structural
design, fatigue, stress
properties, thermal design, hydraulic systems,
statics, engineering economics,
and flight test.
review, support, and improve preventative and
* Work closely
with aircraft and/or
system OEM(s) to design
reliability into new equipment.
* Capable of applying new developments and
experienced judgment to solve novel or
obscure problems; ability to extend
and modify existing techniques: and ability to develop new approaches
for use of other
engineering specialists in solving a
variety of engineering problems.
* Responsible for completing and providing Product Quality
Deficiency Reports (PQDR).
* Knowledge and
skills in applying
aerospace engineering concepts, principles, theories, methods
and practices are required.
an in depth understanding of design
Force technical orders,
design manuals, technical data/drawings
an overall perspective of integrated weapon system support.
* Evaluate damage reports and
recommend restrictions, limitations, or course of
action to restore structural integrity; design
repairs, perform analyses
for repair designs to ensure that the repaired
structure shall meet static, dynamic,
and fatigue structural requirements, and issues repair sketches.
* Responsible for utilizing the Automated Inspection, Repair,
Corrosion & Aircraft
Tracking (AIRCAT) system to
submit for USG engineering approval requests
for engineering support.
a comprehensive knowledge of aircraft system design,
qualification, requirement studies,
sustainment, and failure analysis which
form the configuration baseline necessary
for compliance with
tenets of Operational Safety Suitability and Effectiveness (OSS&E)
and Systems Engineering as related to air
and ground operations pertaining
to complex aircraft components and
to all USAF engineering requests within customer
dictated turn-around times and/or
a comprehensive understanding
of technical project management for the controlled
and disciplined application of aerospace engineering
for flight safety
* Assist in the development and implementation of aerospace
engineering related policies, standards and procedures.
the organization’s technical specialist in design and development engineering
for critical systems
areas of concern or non-compliance as requested
by the Maintenance Manager
* Must effectively interact with
Company and customer representatives as well as with representatives of on-site
business or military
with the USAF SPO
Chief Engineer on all reliability & maintainability engineering requirements.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities as it relates to engineering services, processes and procedures. The position does not require direct reports.
* Commitment to company values and ethics
* Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
* Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal &written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
* Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
* Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
* Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
* Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
* Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate thorough & efficient.
* Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
* Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
* Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
* Performance Management - Sets clear expectations & direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to improve; is a positive role model
* Leadership - Builds commitment to team, company, mission & customer through effective & frequent communications; promotes an environment of trust; fosters a respectful, energetic & positive work culture.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* BS in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent
* Seven (7)+ years’ experience as an Aerospace Engineer.
* Eight (8)+ years’ aviation experience.
* Three (3)+ years’ experience on fleet types relevant to the assigned program.
* Proven track record of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, techniques / analysis.
* Demonstrated the ability to apply knowledge of system reliability, availability and maintainability to predict and verify equipment performance in the operational environment.
* Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams.
* An able communicator in verbal, written and presentational forms who has the strength of character to make their point of view heard.
* Knowledge and understanding of applicable Maintenance Program.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
* Ten (10)+ years’ aerospace or system engineering experience.
* Related Professional Certifications in Quality, Reliability, Systems Safety, System Engineering and Reliability.
* Five (5)+ years’ experience with relevant fleet type.
* Five (5)+ years’ experience working government contract service.
* Have had at least one tour in the Military.
* Through knowledge and understanding of applicable C-130 Maintenance Program.
Position is located in CONUS in an office setting, hangar, or aviation field environment.
Must be able to lift and parts, tooling and other awkward items sometimes weighing greater than 50 lbs, including up and down stairs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
: United States-Illinois-Wood Dale
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran