4 months ago
How would you like to enjoy coming to work every day?
Anyone who has a full time job for any company probably spends more time at work with their colleagues than they do with anyone else. In our view, that means you need to choose work you find rewarding, colleagues you can rely on and a company that respects your need for a good quality of life – both inside and outside the workplace.
Here at Moog, we like what we do.
Here at Moog, we enjoy the challenge of creating things that the rest of the world has only ever dreamed of.
Here at Moog, we trust that everyone we work with is competent.
So this is what our company is like. Everyone comes to work and does their best. They are developed, recognized and rewarded for their efforts. They are proud of what they produce. And they're happy to go and enjoy their lives outside of work.
Moog Inc. is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of precision motion control products and systems. Moog’s high-performance systems control military and commercial aircraft, satellites and space vehicles, launch vehicles, missiles, industrial machinery, wind energy, marine applications, and medical equipment. Our employees form a team comprised of engineers, machinists, assemblers and many other skilled professionals whose creativity and craftsmanship are second to none.
Are you an experienced supply chain associate?
Our Industrial Group is looking for a Buyer/Planner!
As a Buyer/Planner you’ll analyze requirements for programs and products and be responsible for the generation of production schedules for Moog’s machine shop, assembly and test, and the externally sourced supply chain. You will be responsible for monitoring progress against completion dates.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to learn and master a comprehensive knowledge of material requirement planning tools as well as Moog planning and purchasing policies. You’ll then use that knowledge to take appropriate action to insure on-time completion of Moog commitments to customers.
This is what you’re day will look like…
* Analyze Bills of Material, routings, and demand. Place purchase orders or work orders for required quantities of product. Responsible for proper part coding and provides input to BOM structure.
* Monitor status and maintain accurate schedules within MRP. Communicate issues in a timely manner to Master Planner and/or Product Line Lead.
* Effectively manage daily problems and help bring them to resolution through development of recovery and corrective action plans. Specifically the handling of issues that arise in managing both our Suppliers and Customers. (I.e. quality, costs, and on-time delivery issues.)
* Work directly with the internal supply chain to optimize workflow. Monitor and adjust schedules regularly through capacity constrained areas.
* Actively participate in Continuous Improvement - Proactive efforts with supply base to improve quality, reduce cost, or improve on-time delivery. These include internal as well as external suppliers. Examples are implementing Lean Manufacturing concepts, creating and maintaining PFEP parameters, vendor managed inventory, etc.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering, OR
* Associate’s Degree in Business or Engineering and 5 years related experience in materials of sourcing
* APICS Certification in Supply Chain, Production and Inventory Control is a plus!
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity