3 months ago
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
This role is part of the overall Supply Chain organisation of about 40 people and offers the chance to work in a renowned international defence company, with a range of technically innovative products.
It focusses on support for vehicles programmes and Ajax in particular and undertakes activity across multiple categories for low complexity goods eg COTs or MOTs.
It is responsible for:
* Undertaking the procurement process including Invitations to Tender, Terms and Condition negotiation, bid evaluation, and award of contract
* Negotiating with suppliers to ensure best-value for is achieved
* Achieving the successful delivery of procurement based sub-contracts; including the management of schedules and risks.
* Provide expertise, support, direction, advice, and guidance to internal customers on procurement procedures
* Ensuring procurement activities are compliant with internal/legislative procedures, and that risks of impropriety are minimised.
* Ensure goods and services are suitably specified, supplier performance is satisfactory, buying power is exploited, and administration costs are minimised.
* Providing the key interface between client and suppliers to ensure that communication is effectively managed and that issues and risks are fully understood and managed.
* Supporting internal and external reviews of supplier performance as required
* Acting as the commercial SME for their subcontracts/suppliers
* Contributing to the continual improvement of the supply chain processes
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Mechanical (fabrications/machined items) and Electrical (box-build, cables, components) buying experience
* Supply chain experience in the defence environment
* Excellent understanding of procurement best practice
* Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques/tools
* Good commercial skills with the ability to analyse and negotiate best-value agreements
* The ability to effectively manage stakeholders’ expectations at a variety of levels
* Data literate with strong analytical skills
* Highly motivated, determined, and committed individual with a proven record of achieving cost saving targets/objectives
* Individual who thrives on challenges, and has experience working within a fast paced procurement function
* Proven Contract management skills
* Understanding of related disciplines/departments within a design and manufacturing environment
* Ability to work assignments without significant/appreciable direction
* Proficient in the use of MS Office application
* Flexibility to travel as required
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience in the various phases of the product lifecycle from proposal capture, programme start-up, development, production, sustainment and end-of-life
* Flexibility to work at different levels of sub contract complexity (off the shelf, build to print, MOTs, and design to specification)
* Knowledge of the SAP ERP system
* Bachelors’ degree in a business/scientific/technical discipline
* Knowledge/experience of process improvement methodologies
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.