12 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft. Reporting to the Supply Chain A320 neo Manager , the Supply Chain Project Analyst will be responsible for utilizing a variety of software technologies, analyzing supply chain data and creating and maintaining databases, developing supply chain reports and graphs, charting and forecasting trends in performance measures, creating PowerPoint presentations.
The Supply Chain Project Analyst will also lead projects with multifunction team members of people including procurement professionals, engineers, program management, finance, suppliers and leadership from Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Program Management and Quality to ensure performance to metrics. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a wide array of supply chain related projects and interface with a large variety of people and functional areas of the business.
* Gather data from various sources.
* Maintain supply chain databases.
* Create detailed and summary level reports for various supply chain initiatives.
* Report key supply chain metrics.
* Create PowerPoint presentations for leadership and supply chain status reviews.
* Identify performance gaps, lead and drive project activities that improve performance to metrics with various UTAS teams such as supply chain, operations, program office, engineering, production control, suppliers and finance.
* Lead meetings and ensure progression of metrics and maintenance (including configuration) of the part family database as a living document.
* Identify and develop weekly “top issue and opportunity” report with of actions, owners and completion plans for issues that can significantly improve or adversely impact metrics.
* Be a leader and champion of progress, communication and closure plans.
* Review progress with both team members and leadership and work with key members of team and needed activities to ensure success.
* Elevate issues needing additional focus and or resources or additional support.
* Attend regular program material/status meetings and production meetings.
* Ensure critical action items are recorded, tracked and acted upon through completion.
* Ensure visual controls in the Obeya are current and are of high quality.
* Act as a delegate as requested of the Supply Chain A320neo Manager.
* Be an ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence) advocate.
* Participate and lead ACE/Continuous improvement events and activities.
* Serve as an ACE resource providing guidance, support, and direction for internal activities.
* Develop roadmaps and drive the org. to improve the business with Ace events, 5S, developing process flows (std. work), identifying turn backs and projects.
* 2+ years of related experience.
* Database management experience.
* Advanced PowerPoint Experience with Microsoft Access.
* Project management skills and experience.
* Lean / continuous improvement knowledge and experience.
* Highly adaptable and works well under pressure.
* Able to manage multiple priorities.
* Highly organized Self - directed Situational leadership abilities and experience.
* Ability to work independently and lead teams.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to present material to a wide range of audiences and interact with all levels of leadership.
* Microsoft office certified
* Expert level Excel skills including advanced formulas, tables and formatting, advanced charting, pivot tables and pivot reporting, VBA & Macros, VLOOKUP
* Kaizen leadership experience is a plus.
* Bachelor's Degree in one of the following disciplines: Supply Chain Management, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Operations Management or related field.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.