Oaklands Global are currently working with a leading Business Aviation Service Centre based in the South East of the UK for a leading and prestigious client with the recruitment of a Buyer within the Material and Stock Control department.
The main responsibilities of this position are to;
· Adhere to our clients Maintenance Organization Procedures, among which the relevant parts of the MOE and applicable work instructions.
· Attend kick-off (pre-input) meetings and pro-actively prepare purchase orders and arrange slots with external vendors for the overhaul and repair of aircraft units and parts.
· Track materials, tools and ground support equipment for the purpose of recertification and maintenance schedules
· Ensure timely calibration of tools and Identify alternate and superseded part numbers.
· Identify and schedule critical paths and assign priorities. Determine priority items to ensure parts are delivered on time and are readily available.
· Coordinate repair and overhaul quotes and lead times.
· Place purchase orders and ensure that purchased parts, materials, consumables, standard tools, special tools, ground support equipment or services are conforming to specified purchase requirements.
· Ensure that parts/maintenance/overhauls are ordered only at suppliers/(sub)contractors on the ASL.
· Arrange and track shipments with forwarders, for AOG’s as well as other shipments.
· Generate purchase order requests through the P/O system in SAP and to monitor timely delivery
· Track incoming AOG orders and report the status immediately to the Project Responsible and the Project Manager.
· Handle core and warranty issues and programs.
· In conjunction with the Material Handler monitor and re-order consumables suing min/max principles to ensure stock outages are minimized on high turnover items.
· Ensure the timely acquisition of parts, materials and tooling needed to service the customer aircraft by planning and forecasting requirements and coordinating acquisition with suppliers and stores personnel
The ideal candidate will have the following;
· You a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Purchasing or Inventory Management and ideally experience in Aviation or material/parts environment
· coordinate workload within a multiple project setting with rapidly changing priorities
· You have interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Planning Department and Maintenance Staff
· You have basic knowledge on applicable officially recognized European regulations, being EASA Part-145, PGS-15, ADR, IATA category 7/8
· Training ‘Airfreight Security Employee’ (if access to store)
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to James Townsend in confidence
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for this position.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy in relation to this vacancy.