4 months ago
The Business Analyst (BA) is a technology resource acting as a liaison between technology teams and the business on medium to large IT projects. The BA is responsible for the elicitation of stakeholder business requirements, their assessment, documentation and translation to technology teams. The Business analyst serves the business working closely with technology teams to ensure that business needs are met through technical solutions. As part of a highly collaborative team, the role will interact with many technical and business resources across the enterprise. The ideal candidate is a committed, creative, self-motivated technologist who is interested in practicing his or her skills and learning new ones.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Collaborate with IT Account Managers, stakeholders and subject matter experts to define business problems, objectives and scope of new projects.
* Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Collaborate with business stakeholders and technology team members to elicit, analyze, and validate business requirements for new products and cross-platform features & enhancements.
* Document business requirements in an organized, traceable manner.
* Translate vision, business needs & requirements to product owners and development teams.
* Collaborate with business stakeholders and technology team members to define product concepts and technical solution designs.
* Evaluate technology solutions, including off-the-shelf components, to ensure that they meet business requirements.
* Translate technical solutions and constraints to business.
* Develops business case including solutions approach options, benefits, impact assessment, risks, assumptions & product cost/benefit.
* Assist in the development of product roadmaps, release plans & project planning activities
* Assist in the analysis and definition of user stories to support grooming activities
* Evaluate technology deliveries meet business objectives
* Support the development of user acceptance and quality assurance tests
Experience, Education and Skills
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration preferred
* 2+ years’ experience as a business analyst preferred
* 2+ years of either overall IT experience or interacting with IT with significant experience business systems (ERP, COT and/or custom)
* Extensive experience in business analysis planning and monitoring, elicitation, requirements analysis, design definition and solution evaluation.
* Strong facilitation, critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Strong requirements modeling & process mapping skills preferred
* Experience with both traditional Waterfall and Agile / Lean methodologies
* Exemplary written and verbal communications skills
* Excellent MS-Excel, SQL and Visio skills. TFS experience preferred
* Act in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results
* Prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects
* Be accountable and responsible for the accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results
* Exhibit and practice courteous, ethical and professional behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers
* Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Travel when required
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth