about 1 year ago
What does a Business Intelligence Developer do for Allegiant?
Translates data into persuasive insight that answers key business questions. Understands and assists in the development of reporting, analysis and visualization of business data, metrics and measures in order to allow staff to align and track against overall
business strategies, goals and objectives. Spearheads the predictive analytics and statistical modeling component of BI. Provides technical and business knowledge support to the team. Drives innovation, insight and decision making.
What are some of the daily duties of a Business Intelligence Developer?
* Design, develop, implement and maintain new reporting functionality and analytic applications across multiple business units using various business intelligence tools
* Work with others to develop, refine and scale data management and analytics procedures, systems, workflows, best practices and other issues.
* Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
* Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
* Build predictive models and forecasts using proven statistical methods
* Collaborate with other team members and contribute to the team goals and objectives and mentor analysts and interns.
* Troubleshoot issues and bugs within the data delivery platform and analyze reasons for failure, implement optimal solutions, and revise procedures and documentation as needed
* Review and optimize SQL queries for better performance
* Administrates reporting services applications and ensures accurate and timely automated reporting
* Enhance and maintain existing reports and analytical applications
* Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
* Maintains and develops documentation for existing and newly created applications
* Develop and implement ETL processes, reports and queries in support of business analytics
* Develop and maintain repeatable, systemic processes while finding ways to make internal team processes more efficient
* Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
* Interact with the DBA and Development teams for building of solutions, system maintenance, and report/application development
What are the minimum requirements to be a Business Intelligence Developer?
* Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Data Science, Data Analytics, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics and/or Engineering
* Minimum two (2) years’ experience in relevant analytical and/or business intelligence positions at a corporate level
* Experience using MS Excel, T-SQL, R, Tableau, SAS, & SSIS preferred
* Must be Deadline Orientated, able to deliver applications within Project timelines
* Experience with relational databases and large, complex datasets
* Experience with Airline or transport industry preferred
* Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
* Must be Detail Orientated
* Experience producing interactive executive dashboards, UI development, and/or BI data visualization techniques
* Experience with machine learning techniques preferred
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a
Business Intelligence Developer?
* Detail and quality oriented, strong self-testing skills
* Designing reports to present meaningful information that is easy to understand by users
* Possess strong knowledge of data query language, data definition and data manipulation
* Ability to learn quickly and translate data into clear and actionable results, and strong organizational skills
* Ability to multitask and adapt to multiple environments
* Strong leadership and teamwork skills. Able to act as a team player and leader
* Strong analytical and technical skills
* Must pass background check and five (5) year pre-employment drug screen
* Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
What are the physical requirements of a Business Intelligence Developer?
* Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment
* Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position
Allegiant Travel Company commits to making a reasonable accommodation to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified veterans, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the conduct
of its business. In determining the extent of its obligation, Allegiant Travel Company will consider business necessity and financial costs and expenses, among other factors.
Allegiant Travel Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical
disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, protected veterans, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Allegiant supports a healthy, non-smoking work environment.