AirTanker is one of the world’s most exciting aviation projects and we offer a diverse range of roles in our unique environment, based in the heart of the picturesque Cotswolds.
AirTanker was established in 2008 to deliver Voyager, the RAF’s new air-to-air refuelling and air transport aircraft. Working alongside full time RAF personnel and Reservists, we blend the best of civil and military aviation expertise to carry out air-to-air refuelling tasks and fly our armed forces to wherever they are needed in the world.
Irrespective of their background, civilian or military, all of our people share a common commitment to delivering service excellence to the RAF. For our part, AirTanker is equally committed to its people, supporting them in their personal and professional development.
Working with like-minded people, you’ll also find a warm welcome here at the AirTanker Hub. We have an annual diary of organized events from family days and summer festivals to a social scene that has gone from strength-to-strength as we have grown. AirTanker is about much more than the ‘nine to five’. We will earn your commitment, offering you a unique opportunity to play a crucial part in a pioneering service that is working to deliver unparalleled support to the RAF and UK armed forces.
Joining AirTanker could be the best decision you ever make.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Purpose of the Role
The Business Analyst will help build business, commercial and analytical focus throughout the company.
Essential job holder qualifications & experience
Degree qualified or equivalent
Excellent numeracy and analytical skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Knowledge of best practice data visualisation and data storytelling
Using the most appropriate method to source, transform and model data to provide analysis and insight
Experience modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
Understanding the key processes in their relevant business stream/ area of support
Ability to engage and build trust in stakeholders at all levels of the business
• Leads a review of applicable Business Stream processes, defines Business Stream specific Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and associated key data requirements with your Business Stream team to help to achieve a company-wide, single, robust data set
• Using data modelling practices and working with Finance, build understanding amongst your Business Stream team of the cost and revenue impacts of their operations and decision making
• Work with the Head of Information Systems, Information Systems Analyst, CIS application (e.g. Envision, AIMs, Access) Super Users and Data Analysts to implement technology solutions to gather, collate and analyse Business Stream data and reporting requirements
• Help the Business Stream leader to drive business focus and analysis within your Business Stream, by challenging the status quo, leading business case development for key investment and business decisions, securing support from Commercial/Financial functions and identifying value propositions
• Create ideas and specific recommendations for strategic and operational improvements and perform risk/opportunity analysis to support such recommendations
• Work with Business Improvement team and local BI Champions to implement recommendations and Business Improvement initiatives within your Business Stream
• Produce reports and business plans to support recommendations
• Work with your Business Stream team to identify enablers and constraints to efficient operations and proactively address such matters through recommendations and the use of problem solving techniques
• Degree qualified or equivalent (Analytical subject)
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of AirTanker Services are required to be security cleared to SC level. If successful in your application we would support you with the SC process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the National Security Vetting (NSV) website
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.
Please click on apply below to register and complete your application.