6 months ago
Propulsion Technologies International, LLC is a joint venture between GE Aviation & Safran Aircraft Engines. Both GE & Safran are world leaders in the design and manufacture of aircraft engines, propulsion systems, & aircraft equipment. We offer complete support and resources for the CFMI OEM Family.
Propulsion Technologies International, LLC is a Center of Excellence for MRO Component Repair for CFM56, GE and Safran Helicopter Engines.
This could be your opportunity to join the exciting aviation industry in a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment!
o Bachelor's of Science degree from and accredited institution in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial) or Business Degree. Master's of Business degree from and accredited institution is preferred.
* • Experience
o Minimum of 5 years of experience in management position.
o Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Manufacturing/Repair Improvement and with Quality related project
o Strong experience in aerospace manufacturing or aerospace repair environment
o Experience in Six Sigma and Lean methodology; certified preferred.
* • Solid understanding of receiving inspection processes including statistical sampling, component measurement techniques, specifications and drawings.
* • Excellent problem resolution, judgment, and decision making skills required with thorough working knowledge of Quality systems methods and practices (DOE, PFMEA, Control Plans, Lean Manufacturing concepts, DMAIC, Root Cause Analysis, etc.).
* • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* • Strong oral and written communication skills.
* • Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* • Hands-on approach to troubleshoot and resolve quality related issues
* • Detail and Quality focused with strong organization, persuasion and negotiation skills
* • Ability to present information and respond to questions from various levels within the organization
* • Self-starter, motivated, team focused and results driven
* • Assertive, solutions focused, strategic and statistically oriented
* • Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with exceptional interpersonal and management skills
* • Proficient in the use of MS Office – Excel Macro
* • Experience working in FAA/EASA Organization – knowledge of Airworthiness Regulations
* • Experience in coaching LEAN Projects and six sigma events
* • Holds Black Belt certification or equivalent and demonstrated success in leading change and transformation efforts
* • Implementation experience with SPC and process capability
* • Ability to integrate business and financial objectives into decision making
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Propulsion Technologies International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Business Improvement Leader reports to the Quality and Engineering Director and functionally to the General Manager of PTI. The position requires interaction with the shop to manage continuous improvement plan of the company. This position requires exercising independent judgment and a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
The selected applicant will have demonstrated experience successfully leading projects resulting in measurable improvements (continual in-process and preventative).
* • Establish management and measurement systems to identify areas of business performance gaps. Plan improvement activities to close the gaps
* • Lead cross-functional teams through Lean / DMAIC, Continuous and Process Improvement efforts
* • Provide organization development through training, teaching, coaching, mentoring of Leaders and employees
* • Report Continuous Improvement metrics and trends routinely to the Leadership team
* • Regularly perform benchmark analysis with Parent Companies and recommend strategies to improve productivity, improve quality or reduce costs
Specificity of the job
Must be open to travel as needed
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.