Regional & City Airports (RCA) is the UK’s leading owner and operator of regional airports. RCA owns Bournemouth, Coventry, Exeter and Norwich Airports, and manages Blackpool, City of Derry and Solent Airports on behalf of their owners.
XLR Executive Jet Centres (XLR) is a division of RCA. It is a dynamic new operator of boutique executive jet centres, offering unparalleled quality and service to its clients. XLR currently operates at Exeter Airport within the RCA group, and has operations at Birmingham and Liverpool Airports. XLR is actively growing with new projects in the pipeline.
RCA is part of the Rigby Group plc, one of the largest privately owned businesses in the UK.
The role will be based at an RCA owned Airport or XLR Jet Centre, with a preference for the based location being at Bournemouth Airport though this may be flexible for the right candidate. The position will require regular travel commitments throughout the UK as well as regular attendance at global industry events.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role has three key areas of responsibility.
- Selling XLR FBO services across the aviation industry to brokers, operators and customers to drive the aggressive growth profile planned for XLR. The role encompasses leading the business development effort at existing and new locations and maintaining excellence in relations with customers.
- Driving growth in General Aviation activity and base development at RCA’s airports, leading and managing corporate and GA development across these locations, working closely with senior management at RCA airports and the Real Estate division.
- Providing a brokerage service for a VIP AW109 helicopter and a Lear 45 business jet.
- To manage all business development activities for XLR under the direction of the XLR Director of Corporate Aviation.
- To establish a portfolio of potential customers for the XLR business to sell FBO services to brokers, customers and operators. Contact, visit and network with individuals and organisations in identified target markets.
- Develop and implement a capture strategy for each customer / target and negotiate terms.
- Analyse and develop a thorough understanding of the customers’ requirements in detail and present XLR’s offering in the most appropriate format to meet these requirements.
- Create, manage and maintain a business development database and identify and measure success through key performance indicators.
- Develop an understanding of XLR business products and offerings through contact with XLR centre managers and staff to understand their product, aspirations and constraints.
- Develop individual centre business development programmes.
- Communicate XLR Business USPs to the target market articulating the key benefits of the XLR proposition in an effective and persuasive manner.
- Liaise with Centre Managers and their location Airport Management team to understand individual markets.
- Attend local XLR meetings and ensure customer feedback is received.
- Work with based airport management teams to identify markets and business development targets including specific local events and opportunities.
- Develop business development and marketing collateral to suit individual customer sales campaigns using customer knowledge and market intelligence to present to the customer in the most persuasive manner.
RCA General Aviation
- Under the direction of the RCA Chief Commercial Officer, to work with RCA airport management teams at to sustain and grow General Aviation activity inclusive of corporate aviation, military and non-commercial movements and MRO and other support operations.
- Work with airport management teams and the Rigby Group’s real estate team to identify aviation business operations that wish to grow or relocate to owned airports unlocking property and aviation opportunities.
- Maintain group relations with organisations such as the RAF, RNAS, Marine and Coastguard Agency to promote group airports and establish group airport commercial agreements.
- Identify new operators / organisations who could use group airports for non-commercial aviation operations.
- Provide reports of development activity to airport management teams.
- Provide a brokerage service for a VIP AW109 helicopter and a Lear 45 business jet.
- Identify and maintain a database of customers and opportunities.
- Deliver sales in accordance with the agreed business plan and annual budgets.
- Integrate with the operating businesses to ensure that revenue is maximised
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
You will have 5-10 years’ experience within commercial roles in the Corporate Aviation sector with a background of significant sales delivery. You will have a strong knowledge of the General Aviation market, operators, base locations and facilities. You will be very well connected in the industry. You will be energetic, creative and focused on delivery.
You should possess a degree or equivalent third level qualification in marketing, business development or a general management related discipline, or be able to demonstrate equivalent relevant experience.
Possession of a full current driving licence is essential.
You will have the following attributes:Technical
- Strong sales capability
- Detailed knowledge of Corporate and General aviation industry
- Strong IT skills
- Commercial analysis and deal construction
- Ability to develop and provide presentations
- FBO sales experience
- Market research experience and knowledge
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and unsupervised
- Ability to change focus and to re-prioritise
- Ability to deliver strong and convincing propositions
- Strong negotiator
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- Agility through innovation and speed of action
Salary range £40k - £45k depending on experience + Sales Incentive Scheme + benefits