4 months ago
Business Development Manager - Ground Based Air Defence (GBAD)
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
The Business Development Manager Ground Based Air Defence (GBAD) is responsible for developing new business opportunities and leading on specific capture efforts, securing orders to achieve agreed orders objectives. The BDM GBAD will act as the primary owner of the nominated Key Customer relationships for the Mission Support (MS) Business and IAMD Dallas as agreed between the Ampthill and IAMD Dallas BD Directors. The BDM GBAD will be accountable for shaping and winning new business through developing capture strategies that deliver superior customer value. The BDM GBAD will be the primary spokesperson within both organizations on significant matters relating to policies, pursuits, capabilities and long-range goals and objectives for their designated customers. This will include providing recommendations to the company concerning investments and strategies that might deliver sustainable and profitable business growth in accordance with approved Lockheed Martin policies and procedures.
The post holder will be required to:
* Identify and Capture new business to achieve the order intake commitments for the designated Key Customers.
* Be the company owner for all pursuits/opportunities for the Key Customers.
* Work with the MS and IAMD Business Areas to agree pursuit priorities and objectives.
* Maintain all pursuit data within the opportunities database.
* Contribute to the monthly OCM and LRP forecasting activities.
* Own all customer relationships with the designated business area and act as the customer advocate.
* Identify new opportunities within the Key Customer and present to the business using the New Business Council (NBC) capture process.
* Lead on agreed Captures, developing capture strategies and leading bid teams when required.
* Lead or contribute on Position to Win (PTW) strategies on opportunities as and when required.
* Lead or contribute to colour team reviews on opportunities as and when required.
* Support the internal development of proposals, contributing to technical and non-technical portions of the proposals as required.
* Plan and mange development of visits and oral presentations related to specific proposals or in support of general business development activities.
* Provide inputs to internal company reviews as and when required.
* Attend trade shows, demonstrations and trials when required.
* Travel when required in support of above duties. It is anticipated that time will be divided between Ampthill and the Key Customer’s site.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience in the role of Business Development Manager, Sales and/or Marketing in the aerospace/defence industry, or equivalent Military/MOD experience with relevant transferable skills
* Relevant domain knowledge in the Ground Based Air Defence (GBAD) or related sectors
* Ability to think strategically and link discreet activities to generate a global view of opportunities and issues.Excellent communication and presentational skills.
* A track record of winning new business and leading on major pursuits or leading successful Sales or Business Development teams
* A motivated, innovative individual, with the ability to drive and challenge colleagues when required
* Able to develop strong customer relationships (internal and external)
* A self-starter, who can work under minimum supervision towards long-range objectives
* Ideally with a good understanding of UK Ministry of Defence procurement processes and European defence experience
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.