2 months ago
Business Development Manager Dorset Permanent
Our client has an excellent reputation for high quality permanent modular builds, from a complete design to build service
The role of the Business Development Manager will be to report to Head of Sales to provide :
* To achieve (and strive to exceed) turnover, margin contribution and factory capacity loading targets.
* Increase our market share in the region both with existing and new customers and to pursue profitable new business opportunities through structured development of new client relationships.
* Develop professional relationships with clients that enhance the goodwill and stature that are associated with the company's name and products.
* Keep all customer records up to date and ensure all sales enquiries are completed in accordance with the company's sales enquiry process and delivered on time and into the business in a correct and fully documented manner.
* Develop and maintain client opportunities to maximise the potential for standard products.
* Undertake site visits, surveys and client meetings to effectively capture the information necessary to price and deliver projects successfully.
* Maintain a pro-active involvement with all validated business enquires from concept through to booking of the order.
* Undertake factory tours for clients and conduct visits to existing schemes with prospective customers.
* Advise clients on matters relating to Building Control compliance, fire performance, Planning Regulations and other statutory conditions as applicable to the modular building industry.
* Develop strategic alliances with clients to ensure that the optimum factory production capacity is maintained.
* Actively lead, develop and motivate all functional support personnel during formulation of the pre-bid, bid submission and pre-order activities, to ensure that a winning proposition is submitted.
* Develop in consultation with Marketing, Sales Proposition Presentations.
* Identify and attend trade shows, conferences and exhibitions as appropriate to business and marketing requirements.
* Develop sales forecasts in consultation with Head of Sales.
* Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails.
* Service enquiries through existing frameworks.
* Listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to secure sales.
* Cold call to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business.
* Respond to incoming email and phone enquiries.
* Act as a contact between the company and its existing and potential markets.
* Negotiate the terms of an agreement and close sales.
* Gather market and customer information.
* Challenge any objections with a view to getting the client to purchase our product.
* Advise on forthcoming product developments .
* Create detailed proposal documents as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective client.
* Make accurate and rapid budget cost calculations.
* Record sales and order information.
* Represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
* Review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
* Attend team meetings and share best practice with colleagues.
* Acquire a comprehensive understanding of our product.
KEY SKILLS/DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience & Qualifications
* Proven working experience as a Business Development Manager, Sales Executive or relevant role over a broad client base.
* Knowledge of the modular/system build market is highly desirable.
* Proven sales track record in construction/manufacturing related business.
* Knowledge of Residential and Education markets.
* Experience in bid management and customer support.
* Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce).
* BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field is highly desirable.
19 days ago
only 10 days until close
27 days ago
only 20 hours until close
26 days ago
only 1 day until close
26 days ago
only 1 day until close