The client, a leading aviation safety consultancy and part of a group of companies, advising to major airlines, maintenance organisations, OEMs, regulators and government organisations, supporting them with training and consultancy services that improve regulatory compliance, safety risk management and operational performance in a dynamic and fast growing industry, is looking for a sales person to fill the Business Development Manager vacancy.
The client is a clear market leader with distinct competitive advantages and an international client base across both civil and military sectors.
The Business Development Manager role is a revenue-targeted position, driving consulting and training course sales. The role requires a self-motivated individual with a proven track record of new business acquisition and account development. The Business Development Manager is accountable for their individual target and is also expected to support our Customer-First ethos that ensures the best solution for the client every time. Client development activity is predominantly through telephone sales but the team is also encouraged to develop client relationships and meet with clients as appropriate. Aviation experience whilst helpful is not essential, as training will be given. This is a full-time, head office based role.
• Achieve individual sales target and actively support team target through consistently high activity rates e.g. call numbers, duration, conversion etc.
• Proactively manage your sales territory to generate new business leads, develop existing accounts and ensure a consistent and healthy pipeline
• Work within the Account Team structure to better understand our clients and ensure that they are supported with all relevant services
• Scope client requirements through consultative sales approach, working with technical consultants, where appropriate, to qualify client need and determine the most appropriate solution
• Ability to write compelling proposals and conduct successful contract negotiations
• Work with Head of Sales to ensure that all proposals are commercially viable and meet GP targets
· Work with the Product team to understand the portfolio and feedback industry needs to inform future product development
• Ensure all enquiries are managed through our CRM system
The Business Development Manager needs to be:
• A positive self-starter with 5 years’ experience in an Account Management role
• Client focussed, with good people skills. Understands the value of long-term client relationships
• Excellent communicator with strong active listening, verbal and written skills
• Able to demonstrate experience and success working in a consultative sales role with a natural flair for building rapport and developing new business over the telephone and face to face
• Organised and able to manage a high volume of work
• Proficient with IT and CRM systems
• Flexible with a positive individual and team work ethic
• Motivated by the challenge to continually learn and develop their knowledge with the ability and interest to develop an understanding of our products and services