8 months ago
Posting Open Date: 07/13/2018
Posting Close Date: 11/30/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
WestJet started as the little airline that could. From our first flight in 1996 we've aspired to enrich the lives of everyone in our world by providing safe, friendly, and affordable air travel. We are a challenger, and now we're taking on the world.
WestJet has reached a critical point as we look to significantly expand our network and double in size over the next five years. This is an exciting time for our authentically Canadian airline, and we are looking for committed, caring, future WestJetters to join us on this journey.
You have been told that you are great with people, you love helping others and, do so genuinely. Your ideal environment is interacting with others from the comfort of your own home (maybe in your pajamas, we won’t tell!). You are a natural communicator that will work to solve the issues of others and, can multitask using complex computer systems and don’t shy away from learning new technology.
The Role(s) Overview:
WestJet's Service and Sales Agents are responsible for creating a remarkable experience for our guests through one-on-one telephone contact to arrange air travel on WestJet flights, and provide information for guests with varying needs. You are often the first point of contact for our guests and play an essential and crucial role as been a WestJet brand ambassador. We want to make sure our guests enjoy their call with you, therefore, you are there to educate and help our Guests, while creating the experience our Guests have come to know and love about WestJet.
We are looking for talent for the following Service and Sales positions:
* Shift Work - Our contact centre operations are 24/7/365 days a year and require you to be available to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays;
* Bilingual dedicated overnight - full time (40 hours per week) and Part time (4 nights on/4 nights off rotation).
* Book air travel for internal and external guests, answer questions and provide general information about travel with WestJet;
* Provide post booking support, such as changing and cancelling reservations, using the our reservation system;
* Effectively research and make decisions based on the information you have available to you, while balancing the needs of the guest with the needs of the business;
* Adhoc projects as assigned.
* A combination of two years’ experience in a customer service and/or sales related environment
* A high school diploma;
* Reside within 1 hour of the Downtown Halifax area and in the province of Nova Scotia
* Effective verbal communication skills with a preference given to candidates that are bilingual (English and one or more of the following languages - French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German, Japanese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, Hindi, Punjabi, Italian, Portuguese, Tagalog)
* Demonstrated strong computer skills including a minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute;
* You’ll need to be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs;
* You are smart, independent, self-motivated, empathetic, solutions focused, and passionate about supporting our guests;
* A proven track record for punctuality and reliability.
What are some of the perks?
WestJet offers a base salary, paid overtime after 40 hours/week, flight and travel benefits, profit sharing twice a year, an owner’s performance award, medical benefits and an employee stock purchase plan with matching by WestJet!
Other important information:
* All contact centre positions require 12 weeks (in office) training at the WestJet training facility;
* All computer hardware required for the role will be provided;
* Our positions are in-home roles and we require our agents to have the following environment for their home office to be successful:
* High speed internet and phone line (hardwired 25 Mbps download and 2.5 Mbps upload);
* Safe, secure and distraction free room with an ergonomic set-up enabling you to sit for long periods of time;
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.