We have an exciting new vacancy for a Bid manager to join an innovative client based in, Ulverston. My client is currently looking for a highly skilled individual o manage major bid/contract opportunities placed under his/her control, to ensure proposals are developed and submitted in a timely and cost-effective manner, in accordance with an agreed strategic direction, and meeting the stated deadlines of the client.
As an Assistant commercial manager your main responsibilities will include;
- Liaise with Production Departments to monitor order acknowledgements and progress against open orders.
- Liaise with Customers regarding progress on open order books and Customer returns
- Management of Contract Reviews.
- Co-ordinate timely resolution of Customer Complaints and issues.
- Co-ordinate new sales part/structure requests through Design & Development.
- Assess Terms & Conditions on new major contract opportunities.
- Co-ordinate timely preparation and submission of high value quotations and bid response documents
- Management of multi-disciplined bid response teams as needs arise
- Submission of new opportunities through Company Bid Review process
- Implementation and Control of Risk Management Process to Sales & Marketing Activities
Ideally you will have the below;
- Ideally degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline but we will consider qualification by experience
- experience in an engineering environment
- experience in a Sales/Project Management role
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with both external and internal Customers
- Ideally with Defence and Commercial Aviation industry bid experience An advanced knowledge of procurement and contract management principles An advanced understanding of key contractual principles (e.g. contract formation, indemnities, consequential loss)
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now for more details by sending your CV via the link provided and we will be in touch for a confidential discussion.