6 months ago
BI Development Analyst
You support Commercial BI development by applying data science, data processing and reporting best practices and strive for the integration of all information sources to facilitate EWG Long-haul decision-making.
You are an advocate of a data-driven culture; and an enabler of self-service data discovery through data collection and preparation and guided advanced analytics. Through your expertise, users will have round-the-clock access to newly developed integrated data sets, enabling new business insights and faster decision-making.
You are a highly motivated agent of change and always look for improvement and further development. You have the technical skills to implement small-scale improvements directly on your own, but also the communicational and team player skills to collaborate with others and jointly design and realize larger, long-term solutions.
Key result areas:
* Design, implement and maintain new commercial data solutions by integration of different information sources
* Automate manually maintained data streams and revise legacy reporting
* Support building interfaces with other reporting and data platforms
* Enable efficient development by applying methods of project management - classical or agile - depending on the situation.
* Communicate efficiently with different stakeholder such as IT and business analysts, within and outside of Brussels Airlines
Data operations and quality assurance
* Ensure integrity of the data system through proper data management and problem resolution
* Maintain alignment of commercial data to LHGs standards and definitions
* Evaluate and improve operational procedures
Ad hoc analysis via SQL
* Uses his/her knowledge to support analysis and business simulation initiated by the Head of Revenue Management Development and Commercial BI. Develop and customize data sets to support ad-hoc requests.
* Bachelor degree in Business/Commercial Engineering, Information Technology, Business Informatics or equivalent required and at least 4 years of relevant professional experience OR Master degree in areas stated above and 2 years of professional experience preferred
* Knowledge of the airline industry is a plus
* Working knowledge of / Experience with
* Database design and database querying languages (SQL) (++)
* Data warehousing technology (Oracle, SQL Server, ETL frameworks) (+)
* Programming (e.g. Visual Basic, Java, C++) (+)
* Data visualization and reporting techniques (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Spotfire
* Profound analytical skills
* Statistics (+)
* Predictive modelling (+)
* Project Management
* Agile project management (+)
* Classical project management
* Willing to drive change
* Good communication skills and team player
* Autonomous and flexible
* Fluent in English
Interested in this challenging opportunity? We look forward to receiving your CV & motivation letter!