12 days ago
• About AirTanker;
AirTanker is one of the world’s most exciting aviation projects and we offer a diverse range of roles in our unique environment, based in the heart of the picturesque Cotswolds.
AirTanker was established in 2008 to deliver Voyager, the RAF’s new air-to-air refuelling and air transport aircraft. Working alongside full time RAF personnel and Reservists, we blend the best of civil and military aviation expertise to carry out air-to-air refuelling tasks and fly our armed forces to wherever they are needed in the world.
Irrespective of their background, civilian or military, all of our people share a common commitment to delivering service excellence to the RAF. For our part, AirTanker is equally committed to its people, supporting them in their personal and professional development.
The Reward -
Working with like-minded people, you’ll also find a warm welcome here at the AirTanker community. We have an annual diary of organized events from family days and summer festivals to a social scene that has gone from strength-to-strength as we have grown. AirTanker is about much more than the ‘nine to five’. We will earn your commitment, offering you a unique opportunity to play a crucial part in a pioneering service that is working to deliver unparalleled support to the RAF and UK armed forces.
On top of your basic salary, you’ll receive;
• Annual bonus scheme (eligibility in current year subject to bonus rules)
• Health Cash Plan
• Life Assurance Cover
• Income Protection
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Local Gym Discount
• Plane Saver (Credit Union)
Joining AirTanker could be the best decision you ever make.
Data Engineer / Business Intelligence Developer
Purpose of the Role
The Data Engineer will help to establish and maintain a best-practice data management framework and will contribute to the delivery of high quality data analytics. As a Data Engineer you will collect, process, analyse, visualise and carry out tasks that support the dissemination of business critical data. You will ensure data is trusted to provide reliable and relevant insight to the business.
Essential job holder qualifications & experience
• Proven experience of database development and working on Analysis and Business Intelligence projects
• Experience of designing and building data flows and data models – creating tables, views, stored procedures, indexing and ETL processes
• Strong knowledge of relational databases and how they work (Oracle, SQL Server etc.)
• Technical expertise of querying large and complex relational SQL databases – preferably MS SQL Server
• Experience of building dynamic reporting solutions that allow users within the wider business to self-serve using standard reporting tools – preferably Qlikview, Power BI and SSRS
• Strong ability to write complex databases queries using SQL (preferably SQL Server). Techniques such as complex joins, sub queries, windowed functions.
• Providing real time reporting relating to Management Information (MI) and Business Intelligence (BI), in order to support strategic decisions for the wider business
• Developing analysis and reporting capabilities to facilitate the conversion of data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions
• Support the design, implementation and development of data analysis/collection systems that optimise statistical efficiency and quality
• Conducting data audits and cleansing to maintain data integrity
• Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases
• Maintenance of existing reports including bug fixing
• Working in close collaboration with business stakeholders and/or BIAs to design new dashboards and reporting solutions where required, prototyping the end result
• Ensuring processes are in place and implemented to fully test data quality and robustness of code.
• Ensuring the accessibility of accurate information across the department and to internal and external stakeholders as required
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of AirTanker Services are required to be security cleared to SC level. If successful in your application we would support you with the SC process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the National Security Vetting (NSV) website
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.
Please click on apply below to register and complete your application.
19 days ago
only 10 days until close
16 days ago
only 13 days until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close