7 months ago
As a delegate of the Director of Maintenance, the Base Maintenance Manager assures continued airworthiness of all aircraft operated and managed by Jet Linx Aviation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Base Maintenance Manager reports directly to the Director of Maintenance. He may delegate any of these duties, however s/he cannot delegate responsibility.
* Coordinates with the Director of Maintenance and Director of Operations regarding company maintenance policies and procedures as well as the scheduling of maintenance.
* In order to serve as Base Maintenance Manager, a person must hold a mechanic certificate with airframe and powerplant ratings and either:
(1) Have 3 years of experience within the past 6 years maintaining aircraft as a certificated mechanic, including, at the time of appointment as Base Maintenance Manager, experience in maintaining the same category and class of aircraft as the certificate holder uses; or
(2) Have 3 years of experience within the past 6 years repairing aircraft in a certificated airframe repair station, including 1 year in the capacity of approving aircraft for return to service.
* Ensures maintenance programs are followed during inspection and repair of aircraft.
* Maintains local technical manuals and reference material in a current status.
* Assists the Director of Maintenance with tracking the time life and scheduled maintenance items on the company managed aircraft.
* Assists the Director of Maintenance with directing, planning, and laying out details of inspection standards, methods, and procedures used by the repair facilities in compliance with all applicable FAA regulations and manufacturer's recommendations for aircraft.
* Assists the Director of Maintenance with maintaining maintenance records to FAA regulations on all aircraft.
* As a delegate of the Director of Maintenance, establishes procedures to ensure that operations has a current availability status on all aircraft.
* Assists the Director of Maintenance with ensuring that adequate maintenance and inspection facilities are available to meet requirements of the aircraft.
* Assists the Director of Maintenance with ensuring that all maintenance personnel, vendors, and contractors performing maintenance work on aircraft are covered by an approved Anti-Drug/Alcohol Abuse Program.
* Assists the Director of Maintenance with initiating requisitions for stock and material as required for aircraft.
* Assists the Director of Maintenance with ensuring via the Avtrak Computerized Maintenance Tracking System, that limitations on MEL deferred items are tracked and that aircraft are not dispatched for trips when an MEL time limit (or other required maintenance or inspection requirement) may be exceeded.
* Assists the Director of Maintenance with maintaining the company calibrated tool program at the base.
* Assists the Director of Maintenance with forecasting upcoming maintenance activities on aircraft at the base.
* Assists the Director of Maintenance with serving as liaison between Jet Linx Aviation and base clients, in regards to both current and future maintenance activities.
* Assists the Director of Maintenance with providing maintenance cost projections for Jet Linx aircraft at the base.
* Assists the Director of Maintenance with audits of outside maintenance vendors performing regular maintenance on aircraft.
* Is responsible for upkeep of all aircraft maintenance related equipment.
* Is responsible for work order administration & review for aircraft maintenance.
* Is responsible for verifying airworthiness on all flights conducted through the FOS system.
* Obtains quotes for aircraft maintenance to be performed by outside vendors.
* Is responsible for employee performance reviews of aircraft maintenance personnel.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Knowledge of 14 CFR Part 91 & 135
* Knowledge of all aspects of aircraft maintenance
* Strong mechanical aptitude
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Competence in Microsoft Office Suite application
* Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the company
* Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
* Ability to work under minimal supervision
* Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and initiative
* Self-motivated and independent problem-solving ability
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Ability to travel to out-of-state sites as needed
* Communicate through verbal, written, and electronic means
* Perform all aspects of aircraft maintenance
* Move up to 100 pounds on an infrequent basis