Purpose of the Role
To provide general administration to the Base Maintenance department.
To carry out installation/removal transactions for aircraft components.
To carry out allocation of spares for aircraft maintenance.
Essential job holder qualifications & experience
· IT Literate including experience on MS Office, particularly Excel and Spreadsheets
· Accuracy, attention to detail, organisational skills, time management skills, ability to prioritise tasks effectively
· Ability to solve problems and work on own initiative
· Adaptable communication skills
· Take responsibility to build and maintain positive relationships with others
Job Responsibilities - Base Expeditor
· Coordinate with planners to carry out transactions in Envision to facilitate installation/removal of components
· Coordinate with Technical record for installations, authorised paperwork should be inspected for hours and cycles to be checked and corrected.
· Assist base maintenance Base Co-ordinator as required to provide day to day data inputting of Base Maintenance man-hours
· Assist base maintenance Base Co-ordinator as required to provide ordering/issuing of uniform and P.P.E for base maintenance engineers.
· Ensure all work packs are organised into cages representing zones and/or tasks. All spares should collected from stores and sorted into correct areas, this should be maintained for the entire check.
· Ensure all tools have been chased and check for stock before work pack starts to avoid any delays.
The Reward -
Working with like-minded people, you’ll also find a warm welcome here at the AirTanker community. We have an annual diary of organized events from family days and summer festivals to a social scene that has gone from strength-to-strength as we have grown. AirTanker is about much more than the ‘nine to five’. We will earn your commitment, offering you a unique opportunity to play a crucial part in a pioneering service that is working to deliver unparalleled support to the RAF and UK armed forces.
On top of your basic salary, you’ll receive;
· Annual bonus scheme (eligibility in current year subject to bonus rules)
· Health Cash Plan
· Life Assurance Cover
· Income Protection
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Local Gym Discount
· Plane Saver (Credit Union)
Joining AirTanker could be the best decision you ever make.
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of AirTanker Services are required to be security cleared to SC level. If successful in your application we would support you with the SC process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the National Security Vetting (NSV) website
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.
Please click on apply below to register and complete your application.