Jetconnect First Officer B737 - New Zealand (Jetconnect is a 100% Qantas owned subsidiary)
- We are looking for talented and passionate pilots to join the Jetconnect team in the position of First Officer
- Enjoy the New Zealand lifestyle with bases in Auckland and Wellington
- Take advantage of the many opportunities to develop your skills both on and off the flight deck
- Advance your career – we are hiring tomorrow’s Captains
We are a young and vibrant team that fly modern Boeing 737-800 aircraft for Qantas across the Tasman. We play an integral role in connecting New Zealand to the broader Qantas Group network.
Our beliefs guide the way we work, ensuring that everything we do stays true to the iconic Qantas brand. We are professional, agile and dedicated to delivering an exceptional service to Qantas and its customers.
By joining us, you will receive the highest standard of training from one of the world’s most respected and professional flight training establishments – Qantas Flight Training.
You will fly with, and learn from, experienced pilots and enjoy the challenge and excitement that comes with flying jet aircraft.
A key benefit of working for Jetconnect is the ability to advance and shape your career, with a range of opportunities available.
You will have;
- Australian Airline Transport Licence (ATPL) or Australian Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) with passes in all Australian ATPL theory subjects and a Multi-Crew Cooperation certificate with:
- An Australian Part 61 Multi Engine Aeroplane Class Instrument Rating (excluding a Private Instrument Rating)
- Endorsements for IAP 2D (VOR, etc) and IAP 3D (ILS, etc) on an Australian Instrument rating
- A current Instrument Proficiency Check (MEA)
- 2000hrs total time; and
- 1000 hrs multi-engine; and
- Command hours; - 500 hours in Command of a powered fixed wing aeroplane (excluding hours in Command Under Supervision); OR - 300 hours in Command of a multi engine aeroplane (excluding hours In Command Under Supervision); OR - 250 hours in Command of a powered fixed wing aeroplane and 1000 hours as Co-Pilot of a multi crew, multi engine turbine aeroplane (excluding hours In Command Under Supervision); OR - 250 hours in Command of a powered fixed wing aeroplane (of which up to 100 hours may be In Command Under Supervision) and 1500 hours as Co-Pilot of a multi crew turbine aeroplane; OR - 250 Hours in Command of a powered fixed wing aeroplane and 500 hours in Command of rotary wing aircraft (excluding hours In Command Under Supervision)
Note – candidates who have all the above criteria on a NZCAA Licence may convert their licence to an Australian Licence via the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Agreement (TTMRA). If a candidate is converting a NZ CPL their NZ ATPL theory exams will not be recognised and they must re-sit the Australian ATPL theory exams or obtain a NZ ATPL Flight Test at their own cost.
The Qantas Group is a network of equal opportunity employers. Jetconnect is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.