9 months ago
Job titlePilot; [31010 - Airplane Pilot]
Job location Sioux Falls, SD
Reports to Chief Pilot
Alpine Air is currently seeking experienced full-time Captains to fly Beechcraft 1900/99's for our flight operation in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Candidates must meet our high standard of excellence for safety, piloting skills, crew resource management skills, and customer relations. Candidates must have strong professional interpersonal skills and a team player attitude.
Duties and responsibilities
The selected applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
* Operating aircraft in accordance with applicable regulations and corporate policies and procedures
* Practicing safety and customer service
* Must have professional communications skills for complex internal and external aircraft communications
* Performing flights in day, night and all weather conditions
Preferred qualifications include:
B1900 Flight Time:
BE99 Flight Time:
Must have ME, instrument, and commercial
BE99 First Officer:
Must have ME rating
General qualifications include:
* Must possess FAA Class II Medical Certificate
* Must meet 135 pilot requirements
* Ability to complete training program; demonstrating proficiency with job requirements
* Must possess a valid driver’s license
* Must read, write, and understand English
* Ability to lift and move 70 lbs of cargo to shoulder height on a regular basis
* Ability to bend and squat repeatedly; Practice safe lifting methods
* Excellent communication skills
* Must be able to work flexible schedule; including nights, weekends, and holidays
* High school diploma required, BS/BA preferred
* Required to pass pre-employment drug test, background check, and receive U.S. Postal clearance
* Eligibility to work in the U.S. and have resided in the U.S. for 4.5 of the past 5 years
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, and heat. Work for this position is performed outside, regardless of weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is a Full-Time position. First year pilots can typically expect to earn upwards of $59,000 per year, utilizing compensation programs like rate per route, per diem, annual retention bonus, etc. Some Alpine Air pilots make substantially more than this figure. Compensation includes competitive benefits. Generous Paid Time Off, ten (10) paid holidays per year, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401(k) with employer contribution are available immediately upon employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. The employee must be able to frequently bend, twist, lift, and practice safe lifting methods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Max Crandall - Human Resources Manager
ALPINE AIR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. Prospective employees will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by law or regulation.
Potential candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test prior to receiving an offer of employment.
This employer participates in E-verify. Alpine Air will provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.