8 months ago
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics Technicians in Jacksonville, Florida!
Leads and directs the assigned crew in performing skilled avionic systems functions, including servicing and repairing aircraft and engines to ensure airworthiness according to customer specifications and FAA standards. Conducts operational/functions test on aircraft avionics systems. Performs as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) of their trade and willingly takes on the responsibility to mentor junior level aircraft mechanics through On-the-Job-Training (OJT). Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
Essential Duties & Functions:
* Under the purview of the Supervisor, directs the assigned crew in performing maintenance functions, including servicing and repairing aircraft and engines to ensure airworthiness according to customer specifications and FAA standards
* Ensures and enforces proper execution of parts tag instructions (repairable, serviceable, or condemned parts) Ensures that all serviceable tags are installed on components or placed in the proper work package. Ensures that aircraft parts and components removed from the aircraft in work are routed to the appropriate avionics shop with timely documentation, in accordance with standard operating procedures
* Be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics and blueprints
* Ability to troubleshoot aircraft systems with applied theory of operations
* Provides on the job instruction and training regarding aircraft work and standard operating procedures and safety standards to personnel assigned to the work crew
* Reviews non-routine card to identify planned action in a timely manner. Accurately identify necessary parts, materials, and tooling for each non-routine job and estimates maintenance on non-routine card in a timely manner and with the best possible precision
* Under the purview of the Supervisor, maintains the quality, efficiency, and timeliness of his/her own work, as well as for the work performed by his/her crew
* Has flexibility to arrive early and stay late, in accordance with scheduled work times, when required, to permit smooth turnover to the incoming and/or outgoing shift
* Interfaces with customer representatives, as assigned, to ensure that customer approval has been obtained for original, additional, or revised work estimates
* Removes, installs, inspects tests, adjusts, and repairs aircraft avionics systems, including radio systems, radar, and navigation systems; and performs all duties required of licensed avionics technicians, as necessary
* Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals
* Uses tools or equipment to perform skilled manual and technical work as instructed
* Possesses working knowledge of ATA Codes (Chapter and Subchapters) as well as aircraft zones, narrow body airframe familiarization, and industry standards
* Leads instructions and interprets all Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins and Maintenance Manual’s Cautions/Warnings/Notes as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work. Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed
* Proficient in integrated operating systems (AMROS) relating to locating parts, alternate part numbers, and requesting of parts and tools
* Records her or his time worked as directed by her or his supervisor
* Complies with all safety procedures at all times, without exception
* Performs work standards that meet and comply with all federal, customer and company policies and procedures which apply to her or him
* Keeps her or himself informed of such policies and procedures and asks her or his supervisor for explanations of anything which she or he does not fully understand
* Keeps her or himself accountable for maintaining work-related training and qualifications as required
* Performs other duties as assigned
* 3-5 years of experience providing knowledge of electrical, electronic or avionics related work techniques, terminology, components, assembly, etc. Familiar with commercial aviation preferred including understanding of 14 CFR Part 91/121/145
* High School Diploma or GED required. Equivalent military education and training will be considered
* Current FAA Airframe & Powerplant License in good standing is required or eligibility for FAA Repairman Certificate within 90 days of position
* Must be able to read, write, and speak effectively in English regarding safety sensitive work activities, per FAA requirements
What We Offer:
STS Technical Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry, offering hundreds of career opportunities across the United States. With over two decades of experience, we soar in our commitment to excellence and professionalism. We proudly offer competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances, and referral bonuses.
If you would like to speak with an Aviation Recruitment Professional directly, call. Our job placement services are always free, and we are open seven days a week. Reach out at any time! Thanks so much for your interest in working with STS Technical Services, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.