5 months ago
STS Technical Services is looking to hire Avionics Technicians in Farmingdale, New York!
The Avionic Mechanic reports to the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor or his designee for the job related activities he/she performs when working under company Repair Station license. Investigates, and analyzes aircraft avionic problems. Gathers information and data from verbal and technical instructions, and wiring diagrams
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Avionics installs and trouble shooting of electrical issues
* Review wiring diagrams to ensure proper routing and installation
* Accomplish Avionic repairs and installs to assigned aircraft using, hand tools, precision measuring instruments, gauges, test equipment aircraft jacks, hoists and all ground support equipment.
* Ensures that all work performed is logged on the work order and that all entries are logical, clear, concise and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Keep his/her work area clean and organized.
* Adheres to all environmental, health and safety regulations
* Performs inspection duties within the limitations as set forth in the Repair Station Quality Control and Forms Manual authorization (Performs as a Delegated Inspector for the Repair Station when authorized)
* Operation of specialized diagnostic and repair equipment
* Interact with others in a professional and respectful manner
* Follow up with other company departments and employees
* Recommend process and communication improvements
* Regular and prompt attendance
* Work with accuracy, clarity and an eye for detail
* High School or GED
* FAA certified A&P license preferred but not required
* FCC license preferred but not required
* 1 year experience working in a MRO environment, preferably a Corporate MRO environment.
* Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills necessary
* Computer literate with the ability to learn new soft ware applications
* Must pass all conducted drug/alcohol screening, background and security checks and prove eligibility for employment in the United States
* Excellent listening and problem solving skills
* Ability to work as part of a team or independently
* Ability to effectively communicate and present information
* Ability to act under pressure and be adaptable to change on a constant basis
If you would like to speak with an Recruitment Professional directly, call. Our job placement services are always free, and we are open seven days a week. Reach out at any time! Thanks so much for your interest in working with STS Technical Services, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.