5 months ago
Avionics Technician (CTH)-PH1902
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Hartford Service Centre offers a great place to learn from the best in business aviation. Established in February, 1981 as a 70,000 sq ft facility with a staff of 16, the facility now boasts 198,000 sq ft and over 235 dedicated employees. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Centre has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Mexico. The facility has received 16 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programs to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
Bombardier has an exciting opportunity available for an Avionics Technician based in Hartford, CT.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements for factory, shop and/or hangar positions
- Comply with environmental health and safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in 5-S activities.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect, modify and service aircraft avionics, electrical and electronic equipment
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Assist with mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- May assist other maintenance disciplines
As our ideal candidate,
- You have avionics/electric aircraft technical school or other substantiated equivalent
- You typically have 0 – 2 years of avionics work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
- You have the ability to read and understand electrical engineering drawings
- You have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
- You own a basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory and control of tools
- You have the ability to obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment (GSE) qualifications as required
- You are able and willing to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You are able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA)
- You have an A Certification, P Certification, or A&P Certificate - preferred
- You have GROL (General Radiotelephone Operator License) or AET (Aircraft Electronics Technician) Certificate - preferred
- You have experience on corporate jet aircraft / commercial aircraft - preferred
- You have basic PC skills - preferred
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job: Avionics Technician
Primary Location: US-CT-Hartford
Zip Code US 06096
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 09.01.2019, 2:14:40 PM
23.01.2019, 11:59:00 PM