4 months ago
Job ID#: 23025BR
Company: General Atomics Systems Integration
Job Title: Avionics Technician
Job Category: Avionics/Electronics, Product Support, Technicians
City: Des Moines
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Systems Integration, LLC (GA-SI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a provider of military and commercial engineering services. GA-SI is a leading-edge expert in systems integration technologies, reliability improvements, and controls system design.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Avionics Technician for our Aero Services division supporting the Air National Guard in Des Moines, IA. This position may also deploy both CONUS and OCONUS in support of company projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs repairs, testing, and operation of UAS, GCS and various associated ground support electronic equipment at assigned facilities which will require long periods of standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
* Assists in troubleshooting, component removal and replacement, testing and documentation following schematics, layout diagrams and work instructions in accordance with customer regulations.
* Participates in GCS power up, ground checks, maintenance, aircraft recovery, status debriefing, repair and documentation of repairs and status.
* Supports maintenance, repairs and installation of various types of electronic equipment and related devices such as electronic transmitting and receiving equipment, micro and mainframe computers and industrial measuring, controlling and calibration devices.
* Performs basic configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of databases, switches, networks, video systems and long-haul communications
* Supports installation and upgrading operating system application software’s in multi user client/server environments.
* Performs configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of databases, switches, networks, video systems and long-haul communications.
* Liaisons with deployment team leaders, supply personnel, A&P mechanics, pilots and internal and external customers.
* Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
* Typically requires education/training equivalent to the completion of a two-year technical degree or trade school equivalency as well as five or more years experience in aviation or electronics.
* Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
* Must be able to perform a variety of non-routine tasks and demonstrate considerable knowledge of avionics and electronic procedures and principles.
* Must possess: (1) the ability to troubleshoot at the component level; (2) considerable knowledge and use of electronic test equipment, hand and soldering tools, voltage or amperage measuring and recording devices; (3) the ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics and technical orders; (4) the ability to obtain a security clearance; and (5) strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and assess situations and make judgments. The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
* Experience handling HAZMAT, AES, IATA, and COMSEC material is desirable.
* Ability to pass a Deployment Medical Examination.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret clearance is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Level Top Secret (current SCI access)