4 months ago
Avionics Systems Engineer Sr. - Controls & Displays
Job ID: 432025BR Date posted: Apr. 27, City: Owego State: New YorkProgram: Owego2019
Description:The selected individual will work as part of a dynamic Systems Engineering team supporting systems design and integration activities for military aircraft platforms. Activities and responsibilities will include interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines (hardware, software and specialty engineering) as well as equipment suppliers, supporting requirements definition and decomposition, developing software requirement specifications, and other design artifacts/activities for the successful integration of avionics subsystems onto fixed or rotary wing aircraft platforms.
As a senior level Systems Engineer, the candidate must be able to lead a small team of engineers, present status to program management, and interface with the Customer.
The selected individual will be responsible for developing Controls and Displays functionality across rotary and fixed wing platforms. The individual will utilize the Common Product Line components, infrastructure, and processes in order to support programs and promote the integration of reusable software/hardware components.
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University, Ithaca College and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours’ drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, wineries, craft breweries, festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live.
• Must be able to obtain DoD Secret Security clearance.
• Avionics Systems engineering experience, preferably working military programs across the entire program life cycle.
• Experience leading teams through engineering development and successfully delivering products. Ability to manage technical, cost, and schedule.
• Experience decomposing requirements, developing systems engineering work products and integrating complex systems including sensors, weapons, and communication systems.
• Understanding of a broad set of common aircraft technologies and interfaces (e.g. sensors, mission systems, software designs, human machine interfaces, Ethernet, 1553)
• Ability to communicate on all levels both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers; demonstrated technical leadership.
• Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Experience applying modern engineering practices for Digital Development Environment (DDE) initiatives including Agile, Model Based Engineering (MBE), and Automation
• Familiarity with Systems Engineering tools such as DOORS, Rhapsody, and JIRA
• Familiarity with the Lockheed Martin - Owego Common Product Line (CPL) initiative and process.
• Systems Engineering Qualification
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First