MPI have a requirement for an Avionics Supervisor (Base, Merlin R121) to work in Boscombe Down, Salisbury, Wiltshire.
£25.00 per hour LTD (£24 per hour + £1 retention)
This contract is for approx 6 months.
Please note, our client will only consider applicants who have worked on the platform for at least approx 6 months within the last 2 years.
Approx 45 hours per week - possibility of overtime but not guaranteed.
Outline of duties:
• He/she will solve problems basing judgement on the analysis of information. So that, in conjunction with others, determine a plan of work for the servicing or maintenance, and direct the activities of the team utilised on the task
• Works within competencies and authorisations as agreed with department management
• He/she will oversee the work, and authorise progression to the next stage. He/she is required to satisfy himself/herself that all work has been carried out to the required standard and ensure that the aircraft/equipment paperwork is raised accurately and reflects the physical state of the aircraft/equipment no later than close of play each working day. He/she will attend all the functional testing associated with the completed maintenance tasks. The post holder may be called upon to carry out independent checks on work carried out on other aircraft and complete the appropriate documentation including certifying aircraft fit for flight
• Supervisor in charge of personnel in their trade groups are responsible to their respective Task Manager for:
o Careful allocation of manpower under their control to the various jobs comprising the task in hand, so that each technician is given work commensurate with his individual ability, skill and experience.
o Close and continuous supervision of work carried out by personnel under their control with special attention to the work of inexperienced personnel.
o The careful and comprehensive carrying out of all progress inspections and checks that are laid down or which may be necessary for the particular work in hand.
o Reporting any difficulties encountered that cannot be surmounted without further advice or reinforcement.
o The correct certification of work carried out by personnel under their control and where necessary their own counter certification.
o The employment of and adherence to the appropriate instructions, regulations, servicing schedules or repair scheme in all work undertaken by themselves and by personnel under their control.
o Ensuring that the personnel under their control are familiar with all procedures appropriate to their trade and employment and any subsequent amendment to those procedures.
o The active encouragement of personnel under their control to improve their skill and knowledge in their trade, involving personal instructions as necessary, with particular reference to occasions when there is a temporary slack period in the normal work.
Eg. Domain, Industry, Length of service...
* Apprenticeship in an aircraft engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
* NVQs in engineering, or equivalent
* Human Factors experience
* Qualification courses on aircraft type or associated systems such as engines
* Good fault identification and isolation skills.
* Good people management skills
* Good team working skills
* Good communications skills
* Computer literate, and familiarity/training/access with specific aircraft maintenance information systems - GOLD ESP required
Apprenticeship in Aero / Engineering (Certificate)
Time served (Certificate)
Human Factors (Certificate)
Be able to achieve a BPSS with progression to SC