about 1 month ago
Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals.
To lead functions assigned in the inspection, testing, adjusting, assembly, disassembly, repair, cleaning, and calibration of aircraft avionics equipment.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time. Requires frequent bending, stooping, and squatting, crouching, kneeling, balancing and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to 50 pounds unassisted. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Equipment Operated: Avionics testing equipment such as VOR/ILS tester, fuel quantity tester, DME tester, pitot-static tester, volt-ohm meter, hi-lifts, stands, ladders.
Work Location: Aircraft maintenance hangar, Flightline, Storage and Teardown.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, electrical charges and radar waves, materials identified on Safety Data Sheets, working around moving machinery.
Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, face shields, ear protection, aprons, gloves, safety harnesses, breathing equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
* Ensures that all work performed complies with applicable technical data, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
* Works closely with immediate supervisor as well as Production Control Booth Coordinator to keep them informed on actual work progress in areas of responsibility.
* Reviews non-preplanned documents to identify methods of repair and/or replacement identifying necessary parts, materials and tooling requirements and provides timely estimates for all maintenance on non-preplanned documents within scope of responsibility.
* Responsible for the proper execution of parts tags attached to repairable, serviceable, or condemned parts.
* Performs assigned maintenance work including inspection, testing, adjusting, and repairing avionics equipment, such as radar, radio, navigation, auto pilot, and compass systems, installed in aircraft.
* Inspects components of avionics equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation.
* Tests avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness, using test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, digital meters, counters, and circuit analyzers.
* Adjusts, repairs, or replaces defective components based on analysis of test results, following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents.
* Calibrates installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications. Performs orientation and on-the-job training for employees. Ensures that training is documented in employee training records.
* Enforces company policies and safety regulations and the proper use of equipment and ensures that quality standards are met.
* Coordinates activities of workers including assigning work duties for maximum utilization of manpower and analyzing and resolving work problems.
* Maintains communications within area of responsibility, informing employees as to plans and progress and promoting teamwork and cooperation.
Marginal Job Functions:
* Tracks time spent on each work order and ensures the time is logged on time card correctly.
* Makes recommendations to management to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, or cut costs.
* Performs maintenance duties away from base on temporary duty.
* Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
* Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.