Performs bench level repair services on a variety of aircraft instruments and avionics electro-mechanical components, down to component level (Depot Maintenance). May perform flight line maintenance to include inspect, troubleshoot, test, repair and installation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
• Read and interpret maintenance manuals, wiring diagrams, schematics or other technical data to determine the feasibility and method to perform the assigned task.
• Avionics Instrument Technicians, under supervision, may install, repair, align, maintain, service and/or calibrate the following: auto flight computers, fuel quantity system components, pitot/static instruments, variety of pressure and temp switches, engine indicating instruments. This will require the use of electronic test equipment and other electronic devices. They will locate and isolate defects in electronic equipment; repair, replace, and troubleshoot defective parts; install electronic units and associated electrical elements.
• Utilizing special tools, circuit testers, meters and equipment; performs tests and/or checks as required to confirm component and system serviceability.
• Document all inspection findings and work performed/corrective action in the appropriate maintenance records.
• Maintains work areas and tools in a clean and organized manner, practices proper tool and FOD control.
• Performs work safely and utilizes the appropriate technical data for the assigned task.
• Monitors and supports continuous improvement activities by utilizing Lean and continuous improvement tools striving to identify and eliminate waste in all its forms in an effort to improve quality and safety, decrease lead time and reduce cost.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE -
• High school diploma or equivalent; further education or advance instruction relative to technical field is preferred. Previous Repairman Certificate preferred.
Requires 5+ years’ experience performing bench and component level repairs on a variety of electronic and electro-mechanical components.
• Must have knowledge in the proper operation of a multimeters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, and soldering equipment. Must have electronic component level theory and be able to identify symbols on schematics and wiring diagrams.
• Ability to use precision measuring equipment and hand tools appropriate to the assigned tasks; general mechanics hand tools and appropriate tool box are required.
• Military or commercial aviation avionics training preferred
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as assigned dependent on production needs
• Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
• Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
Looking for Avionics Technician jobs in UK?
Browse hundreds of latest Avionics Technician vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top aviation job sites. Aviation Job Search prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Avionics Technician careers in UK.
Click below link to browse other Avionics Technician opportunities in UK:
View all Avionics Technician Jobs
If you're an employer looking for Avionics Technician recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the link below:
Hire Avionics Technician Now