7 months ago
This hourly non-exempt position requires a strong knowledge of aircraft avionics and electronics systems. The job includes varying amounts of parts replacement or repair, electrical troubleshooting and general mechanical applications. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Project Coordinator or Lead in charge of the project. May be required to work independently.
* This shall include, but not be limited to items such as removal and installation of panels, component’s and interiors, as well as repair work on avionics installations.
* Stamp, bundle and install connectors on wiring.
* Removal of old wiring and installation of new wire bundles in aircraft.
* Troubleshooting and evaluation of avionics systems on the aircraft efficiently.
* Inspection and evaluation of the aircraft and components when designated.
* Aircraft movement and assistance in hangar stack when required.
* Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
* Work independently on projects on a regular basis.
* Work within a team process.
* Ground test and flight test support as required.
* Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Electronics training classes.
Avionics training preferred.
3 years prior experience on aircraft avionics maintenance installations preferred.
Corporate aircraft experience preferred.
Self-motivated and maintain a rapid pace.
Process work with minimum supervision.
Attend work every day as scheduled to include overtime and weekend assignments. Notify supervisor in advance of shift starting if unable to work.
Must have reliable transportation to get to work each and every day.
Must perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
Maintain customer oriented work habits.
Other technicians in avionics installations or other departments.
Team Leader of team assigned, Project Coordinator, Installations Manager.
Company sales representatives.
Customers or outside vendors.
Lift at least 50 lbs.
Routine walking, bending and squatting or sitting.
Routing or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines.
Follow wiring diagrams, route and terminate wires at proper locations.
Troubleshoot, evaluate and perform functional tests for various avionics and instrument systems.
Work with others in a professional manner.
Will work under supervision of assigned Team Leader and Installations Manager.
May be directed to supervise other technicians in some capacity.
Work with minimal supervision when required.
The majority of work will be accomplished in a heated hangar.
Work outside during aircraft runs will occur.
Varied positions in and around the aircraft.
Personal hand tools supplied by the installer.
Pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical equipment.
Jacks, stands, lifts and other support devices.
Tugs, power carts and other engine powered equipment.
Crimpers, soldering iron and heat guns.