8 months ago
STS Technical Services now offers Avionics Electromechanical Technician jobs in Brunswick, Georgia!
Provides technical expertise in testing aircraft systems, troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact. Demonstrates technical expertise by implementing process changes to reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising safety or quality. May fill in for the Senior Avionics/Electrical Technician thus ensuring that the company goals of safety and quality are enforced at all times while adhering to daily work plans to maintain schedule requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting
* Performs the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems on aircraft per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system
* Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems
* Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity
* Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring
* Performs and complies with engineering changes and modifications as required
* Sets up and operates necessary test equipment
* Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability
* Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection
* Tests and maintains test equipment, electronic systems, and components
* Complies with the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations
* Adapt to sudden schedule changes
* In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required
* Performs other duties as assigned
* High School graduate/GED
* A&P License, FCC License or NCATT certification preferred
* Four (4) years’ experience in an avionics/electrical career field; or two (2) years’ of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and two (2) years’ related experience
* Familiar with Avionics maintenance interface and software updates
* Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubles
* Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams
* Demonstrates excellent communication skills
* Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written
* Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, work in confined areas and lift up to 80 pounds
What We Offer:
STS Technical Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry, offering hundreds of career opportunities across the United States. With over two decades of experience, we soar in our commitment to excellence and professionalism. We proudly offer competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances, and referral bonuses.
If you would like to speak with an Aviation Recruitment Professional directly, call. Our job placement services are always free, and we are open seven days a week. Reach out at any time! Thanks so much for your interest in working with STS Technical Services, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.