3 months ago
Dynetics, an employee-owned company, is seeking a talented Avionics Electrical Design Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The canididate selected for this position will be a part of our Avionics Products Team, it will require a design engineer with demonstrated engineering skills. The individual must be a self-starter with experience working with inter-disciplinary teams to solve challenging technical problems. The selected candidate will be expected to execute in a fast-paced, small team environment through all phases of the product life cycle from conceptual development detailed design through manufacturing, qualification testing, and post-delivery support. With a product focus, the individual is also expected to actively partner with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, project managers, technicians and customers to develop solutions that adhere to a diverse set of requirements.
Additionally, the engineer will support resolution of design issues discovered during the manufacture and test of deliverable hardware. This will include troubleshooting board-level issues, assessing failures for root cause, and identifying corrective actions.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an ABET-accredited institution with a minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience.
1. Strong interest in hardware or embedded system design
2. Motivated self-starter and problem solver with experience executing in multi-disciplinary teams
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills
The engineer will be responsible for developing robust hardware solutions and leveraging their engineering training to perform circuit and PCBA design and analysis, FPGA/CPLD designs, embedded processor/microcontroller designs, technical trade studies, analog/digital/mixed signal interface design, laboratory test and troubleshooting.
Candidate must be a resident of the Huntsville, AL area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area.
* Hands-on experience with Mentor Graphics electrical engineering development tools is strongly desired.
* Experience designing and developing airborne electronics is strongly desired.
* Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Job Number: 01.05.03-6
Closing Date: 12/26/2018