2 months ago
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
Position Title: Engineer Avionics Systems
Our client is a wholly owned, non-integrated subsidiary of The Boeing Company. It is a global operation with 1,500 employees in the twelve offices across the UK, India and America. The company specialises in supporting the Aerospace and Defence sector with Aircraft Interior Reconfigurations, Technical Documentation and Engineering Learning Media.
This new role is based within the Aircraft Interior Design Centre in Surrey; where they hold EASA and GCAA part 21 Design Organisation Approval (DOA). This centre has a highly skilled team of engineers that is growing.
To support the design and certification of aircraft flight deck and cabin interior modifications by generation, review and approval of certification documentation to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulatory and customer requirements. Be a Subject Matter Expert for the aircraft avionic systems including systems related to control, instrumentation, navigation, indication & recording and communication.
• Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working with the global engineering services team, across multiple time-zones, in order to identify engineering and certification requirements and solutions for active and upcoming aircraft flight deck and cabin interior projects.
• To be a technical focal for engineering and certification issues relating to Integration of avionic equipment and systems for Minor Design Changes and STC Applications undertaken.
• Develop substantiation documentation in order to demonstrate compliance with relevant avionic and systems related airworthiness requirements and have the ability to provide compliance verification when not directly involved with the compilation for documents including;
o Test plans and reports
o Compliance Statements
o Equipment and Wire Analysis documents
o Compliance checklists
o Certification programmes
o System Safety Assessments
• Compile engineering accomplishment documentation and instructions for continued airworthiness including;
o Engineering drawing & wiring diagrams
o Service Bulletins / accomplishment instructions
o Aircraft and component manual supplements including wiring diagram manual, system schematic manuals and EWIS assessments.
• Review and approve substantiation documentation produced by other members of staff or by subcontractors to provide assurance of successful showing of compliance with relevant customer and regulatory requirements.
• Current or recent employment within the aerospace industry working with an EASA Part 21, Subpart J Design Organisation.
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of EASA regulatory and applicable airworthiness requirements including CS-25, JAR-25 and FAR 25 requirements.
• Knowledge and experience of aircraft modification programmes with a high level of attention to detail and capability of reviewing design packages with an emphasis on avionic systems.
• Previous experience as an Avionics Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) is desirable.
• Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to prioritise workloads and show flexibility to changing situations / demands. (Ability to manage time and tasks to shifting deadlines)
• Ability to work effectively with customer engineers and embody the core values of the business: Honesty, Integrity and Transparency
• willing to help develop, mentor and coach less experienced staff.
• Experience navigating OEM data systems for specifications and standards
A person of integrity who values attributes like trust, honesty and respect, comfortable working in a collaborative environment, willing to share knowledge and wisdom and not afraid to admit limitations.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree within Aerospace/Aeronautical or Electrical / Avionic Engineering and/or at least 3-10 years' experience in related commercial aircraft design fields.
-Salary: Competitive plus benefits,
-Job type: Permanent, full-time
- Location: United Kingdom, South
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be successful in your application you must already have the work & living rights in the UK as sponsorship is not available.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
29 days ago
only 23 hours until close
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close