5 months ago
Aviation Systems Engineer - Development Assurance-190004V
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation and safety enhancing aviation technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Garmin is looking for an Aviation Systems Engineer to help conceive, develop, and test the next-generation technologies and products that will change how customers fly, maintain, and operate their aircraft. They are the glue that ensures we develop the right products, on time, with the right requirements. We are looking for outside-the-box thinkers that bring creative solutions to complex avionics systems. While we strive for continual innovation, we ensure our combination of performance, safety, quality, value, innovation, and ease of operation give our pilots an unwavering level of confidence when they’re up in the air. If these challenges excite you, please send us your resume. Further responsibilities include:
* Creates system requirements, supporting rationale, technical description documentation, and performs trade-off analysis based on market-driven or specific customer requirements
* Identifies, documents, and coordinates the technical aspects of new interfaces and updated functionality in complex systems
* Coordinates implementation details for program-specific execution of system-level processes, recommends improvements, and evaluates if the implementation was a success
* Generates and executes independent bench test plans/procedures for select interfaces and new functionality
* Contributes to the automated regression test library
* Proactively improves processes, tools, and procedures
Qualified candidates for this role will possess a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or similar field from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Preferred qualifications include:
* Masters degree in the fields noted above and 3 years relevant experience in software development or systems engineering
* Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
* Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
* Passion for aviation
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their well being and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.
Primary Location: US-KS-Olathe
Organization: Aviation Business
Job Class: Exempt