9 months ago
Job Description - Aviation Systems Engineer - AV Cloud, Web and Applications (Chanhassen) (180005R)
Aviation Systems Engineer - AV Cloud, Web and Applications (Chanhassen)-180005R
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation and safety enhancing aviation technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Our aviation web and application services are flying high, and we’re looking to board an Aviation Systems Engineer to help us soar even higher! Garmin aviation systems engineers help conceive and develop the next-generation technologies and products that change how customers fly, maintain, and operate their aircraft. Our aviation systems engineers are the glue that ensures we develop the right products, on time, with the right requirements. We are looking for an outside-the-box thinker with a knowledge and passion for aviation business services such as flight planning, post-flight analysis, and in-flight services, who can define the business case for these services and bring creative solutions to our aviation web and applications. While we strive for continual innovation, we ensure our combination of performance, safety, quality, value, innovation, and ease of operation give our pilots an unwavering level of confidence when they’re up in the air. If these challenges excite you, make Garmin a part of your flight plan and send us your resume. Further responsibilities include:
* Supports concept development for aviation business services and features, including market research on emerging services and technologies.
* Maintains product-specific execution plans for system-level aspects compatible with Garmin processes
* Identifies, documents, and coordinates technical aspects for development of new interfaces / functionality or changes to existing complex system functionality to support market-driven or specific internal and external customer requirements
* Creates system requirements, supporting rationale, technical description documentation, and performs trade-off analysis
* Improves processes, tools, and procedures
* With some guidance, coordinates technical roadmaps
* Exemplifies Garmin’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Quality Policy and proactively works to improve Garmin’s image and culture
Qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or similar field from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Preferred qualifications include:
* Strong knowledge of modern web services and full stack web development
* Masters degree in the fields noted above and 2 years relevant experience in product development or systems engineering
* Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
* Demonstrates advanced knowledge in systems engineering and product development
* Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
* Demonstrated proficiency using Atlassian project management tools, including JIRA and Confluence
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their well being and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.
Primary Location: US-MN-Chanhassen
Organization: Aviation Business
Job Class: Exempt