Job Title: Aviation Service Technician
Location: Predominantly based at Manchester airport.
Duration: Ongoing, temp to perm.
Hours: Average of 40+ hours p/week (guaranteed at least 20).
Pay: £20.00 p/hr LTD
- Working as an Engine Wash Technician, carrying out engine wash services on customer's engines in a timely, professional, and accurate manner.
- Schedule work together with the Station manager.
- Prepare equipment, logistics, travel, etc.
- Perform inventory tool check.
- Review and verify work order
- Travel to site, align with customer, and execute engine wash.
- Complete paperwork.- Enter date to the company database and server.
- Follow up with required reporting to customer.
- Prepare for next wash and maintain equipment as per TPM schedule.
- Repair equipment as necessary.
- Perform necessary reporting with regards to equipment and facility.
Requirements for the role/Previous experience
- At least 5+ years’ experience of mechanic/fitter type work, preferably in aviation.
- A good understanding of working within a highly customer focused environment
- Flexible in working times and locations
- A person with inner drive to grow with the company and take on more tasks over time
- Location for washes is mainly Manchester (60%), Birmingham (30%) with others on occasion i.e. East Midlands, Newcastle, Heathrow, Gatwick, etc.
- Strong team player who is able to perform independently and reliably
- High quality of work. Fully capable to follow and complete work orders and work reporting
- Fluent in English language, reading and writing
- Basic Computer skills
- Preferably a valid C1E driver’s license or minimum BE Aviation EASA Part 66 rating with ratings is a plus for applicant
- Knowledge of UK airports and customers is a plus for applicant
Expectations and Responsibilities
Overview: To perform engine wash services on customer engines, in a timely, professional and accurate manner.
On Time Delivery: Be at the customer’s site with equipment ready to perform washes on time.
Scheduling: Accurately coordinate scheduling of customers engine washes together with the station manager.
Safety: Perform work in a consistently safe manner. Equipment
Availability: Maintain the company Engine Wash System according to the standards established.
Compliance with Policy: Maintain strict compliance with all company policies & procedures, including EH&S and Aviation Authority requirements
Company Culture: To have mutual respect for one another and communicate in professional manner. The company shall not tolerate retaliation in any manner nor supports a hostile work environment.
If interested and would like further details please call MPI and ask for the Aviation department.