AV/Elec Leading Fitter/Junior Supervisor
Location: RAF Valley, Holyhead, Anglesey
Salary: £25,191.25 plus excellent benefits
About the role
Here at Babcock we are looking to recruit an AV/Elec Leading Fitter/Junior Supervisor to undertake all supervisory tasks pertinent to the maintenance and rectification of the Hawk aircraft.
Leading Fitters will oversee all authorised tasks providing oversight and assurance of the quality of the service, and foster being Babcock culture/total safety. They will be technically trained in one of the 3 trades and, will be able to support the rectification task during light flying periods and assist aircrew with crew-in snags. The actions and decisions taken shall be limited to those actions authorised as governed by trade, experience and competence.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation. We also offer a supportive work environment where innovation is at the heart of what we do.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to have industry experience and AV/Elec Systems type course.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
* Carry out first signature responsibilities
* Sign 1st signature for tasked work within trade boundary
* Sign 2nd signature for supervision of work within trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank
* Carry out all authority level F tasks that do not require additional authorization criteria - subject to any limitations imposed by the authorizing authority
* Ensure that the work areas are kept clean and FOD free.
* Maintaining a PEVL to establish continuity of experience.
* Maintain Environmental, Quality, Security and Health & Safety standards as defined by Babcock Policy
* Staff may be required to carry out additional tasks as directed
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential