** ATN/IPS Engineer **
Oaklands Global has been commissioned by a leading aerospace communications client to identify and recruit an experienced ATN/IPS Engineer on a permanent basis.
- Lead the ATN/IPS activities covered in the Iris Programme, ensuring that the various work streams are coordinated towards common goals, including the early flight trials of ATN/IPS.
- Lead development of ATN/IPS technology roadmaps, concepts, high level requirements, preliminary design and trade studies
- Support the identification, down selection and technology predevelopments derived from the study work relating to initial ATN/IPS implementation.
- Support the Iris Technical Lead on engineering activities related to the pre-development activities being conducted in the Iris FOC stream.
- Specify and run competitive procurements, for a number of activities, amongst industrial partners, and once the awarded manage the subcontractor’s work through to completion. Some of these subcontractor projects are expected to last the course of the programme.
- Ensure that the work by contractors satisfies the companies and ESA’s quality standards, proactively take corrective action where necessary.
- Support the business contribution towards ATN/IPS standardisation activities within WG-108, RTCA SC 223, and AEEC.
- Work with the consortium to determine whether proposed concepts and designs align with the technical design to meet the overall Iris goal.
Candidate qualifications / experience required:
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in satellite communications systems design, network and architecture.
- Strong analytical capability, able to conduct system engineering and technology trade-offs
- Knowledge of Aeronautical Telecommunications Network (ATN).
- Knowledge of IP Protocols.
- Knowledge of Communication security risk assessment and architecture definition
- Good knowledge of software development and engineering techniques
- Technically fluent in telecommunications technologies, an understanding of IP-based mobile networking technologies and satellite systems backbone
- Strong inter-personal skills along with the ability to establish and maintain relationships and trust
- Ability to work in a complex, international matrix organization alongside 3rd-parties
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge in Aeronautical standard (e.g. ARINC)
- Knowledge in Aeronautical Certification Processes
- Knowledge on Aviation security
- Broad experience and knowledge of data, systems, technology and security architecture.
- Knowledge of satellite communications systems.
- Knowledge of DSP implementation and architecture.
- Knowledge of hardware development including RF design.
- Knowledge of networking technology including routers, switches, and firewalls
- Experience in the identification and capture of IT functional and non-functional requirements for large, complex projects
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney in confidence. You must hold the right to live and work in the UK.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contacted within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.