7 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
We are seeking an ASSOCIATE TEST ENGINEER to support Development, R&D and Qualification efforts for all aviation, military, and commercial ground vehicle programs. You will be responsible for generating test plans, procedures, reports, organizing, planning and executing testing. This is a hands-on position that requires you to work directly with technicians and technical staff to complete the required testing. Occasional weekend and shift work are required to support the test campaigns in the test facility.
* Support test requirement generation
* Generate a test plan, and procedures
* Perform Test Readiness Reviews
* Perform and support Qualification/Development testing
* Interface with IPT lead regarding work schedule and required support
* Assist technicians as required to install and prepare for a test
* Verification of set-ups; oversee the performance of the unit under test and test hardware during a test.
* Collect test data/generate test reports at test completion
* Provide daily support to technicians as issues/concerns arise
* Support maintenance of lab equipment
* 1 – 3 years’ relevant work experience
* Experience in the aerospace industry for this position prefer
* Experienced generating technical test plans and procedures
* Hands on experience in aerospace product testing is a plus
* Microsoft Office products
* MATLAB is a plus
* Labview is a plus
* Experience with the operation of Temperature chambers and Vibration equipment
* Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
* Master’s Degree is a plus
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.