5 months ago
United States of America
CANHQ: CCS HQ - Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY, 13221 USA
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier is the world's leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your operations career, then we have a great opportunity for you.
Carrier Corporation is looking for a highly motivated and results driven individual to join Carrier's Reciprocating Compressor Development team and work with the team to advance Carrier's technology and product offerings through the design and development of new Reciprocating compressors.
* Contribute to and/ or lead projects or sub-projects pertaining to technology and product development, reliability and quality improvement of reciprocating compressors.
* Mechanical design and analysis of components related to reciprocating compressor running gear, bearings, seals, and pressure containing housings.
* Coordinate activities necessary to design, procure, and assemble prototype test assemblies.
* Work closely with designers/drafters & participate in drawing reviews.
* Work closely with lab personnel to develop & execute laboratory test plans.
* Document development test results, analytical findings, simulation results and design procedures.
* Actively participate in design reviews, and prepare and present project status reports as needed to management
* BA/BS degree w/0-3 years experience
* MA/MS degree w/0-2 years experience
* Experience in the mechanical design of components for rotating or reciprocating machinery such as engines or compressors is desired.
* He/she must have a strong mechanical aptitude and background should include Mechanics of Materials, Machine Design, Vibration and Statistics or Reliability.
* He/she will be an innovative person with strong verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment and high energy.
* He/she must be self-motivated, willing to work on a variety of projects, and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.