4 months ago
Associate Director, Contracts
Business Unit Collins Aerospace
Req IDDate posted 05/18/City Annapolis
Country/Region United States
United States of America
HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.The nature of our global business is complex and we are part of one of the fastest growing industries on the planet. Our success relies on the Office of the General Counsel to help us get the job done. As a valued partner, the Office of the General Counsel plays an integral role in the Collins Aerospace technologies becoming a reality in space, in the air, or on the ground. The team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our collective world class team’s inventive ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
This position leads multiple teams headed by Contracts managers or supervisors, establishing and executing Contracts objectives. Recommends and implements policies in support of the Legal strategy. Manages contractual activities to protect business interests and communicates with senior executive leadership within and outside the function on contracts matters of significant importance.
• Leads a large team of experienced professionals in preparing bids, processes specifications, progress, and other reports for major business units.
• Develops and implements service excellence strategies to improve the relationship between legal department and other departments.
• Advises leadership on employee training to ensure understanding of and adherence to contract law related with the business.
• Manages contractual activities and advises management of contractual rights and obligations to protect the organization’s legal and business interests.
• Oversees the compilation and analysis of data, and the maintenance of historical information to ensure ease of accessibility and retrieval of data and documents.
• Develops complex proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities for contracts to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies,
legal requirements, and customer specifications.
• Advises and represents the organization on legal issues concerning contract matters.
• Creates proposals, negotiates and executes contracts.
• Provides legal advice on warranty and contract administration.
• Prepares legal documentation for legal and contract negotiations and relationships.
• Prepares legal applications for warranty and new contracts, as needed.
• Maintains historical legal records.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.