4 months ago
Position: Assistant Manager - Procurement Specialist (Uniforms)
* Procurement Specialist, Uniforms is primarily responsible for managing the procurement process from the vendor selection & allocation through to product delivery.
* Follow, implement and constant improvement of purchasing processes in VISTARA in terms of quality, efficiency and the needs of procurement operations.
* Controls all communications for both male and female uniform requests, responds and updates customers, colleagues and stakeholders with information related to uniform order or deliveries. Ensures emails are responded to by the team within stipulated time periods and with appropriate responses as defined in the SOP’s.
* Dispatch acknowledgement or follow-up communication to all Outstation Uniform Administrators regarding uniform backorders, late deliveries or unfulfilled requests and ensure to resolve them at the earliest without any delays.
* Supervises the Issuance Team responsible for all new joiner and entitled staffs uniform transactions.
* Recommend and suggest concepts in order to simplify uniform delivery process by proposing systems and procedures where all distributions are tracked efficiently. Ensure that the Uniform Stores are maintained with a high standard.
* Perform other department duties related to the position as directed by the Head of the Department.
* Administer and supervise junior employees within the Uniform stores ensuring operational processes are followed and provide necessary support by way of guidance and leadership in order to safeguard business unit’s growth.
* Work closely with all Departments when interpreting trends in order to facilitate planning of new joiner fitting and trial sessions, uniform rollouts and entitlement for staff to minimize lengthy service delays.
* Supervise all department SPOCs for entitlement and new joiners in Uniforms Management System.
* Oversee Uniform disposal program and confirm that it is done as per Company standards with no harm to the environments by ensuring that it is done in a systematic and efficient manner.
* Touring the uniform store regularly to ensure standards for quality, customer service, security, health and safety are met.
* Protect store assets and inventory. Supervise loss prevention (shrinkage) by controlling theft and/or waste by ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
* Assist reporting Manager for the future needs relating to storage area, system supports, budgeting, policy changes and future retail location identification. Work closely with reporting Manager to develop guidelines for material handling, storage, manpower allocation, facility set up, auditing, budgeting to facilitate optimum cost savings results. In addition to this, shall carry out duties and responsibilities as assigned by Head Procurement.
* Assist reporting Manager in evaluating methods, implement guidelines, policies/procedure to upgrade and maintain appropriate tools in storekeeping, handling techniques, system developing and processing, selection of appropriate tools and equipment for a suitable store layout.
* Work closely with the Uniforms SPOCs of every departmental requirements and logistical needs and reduce expenses by introducing cost saving initiatives such as waste management and recycling of items.
* Ensure adequate storage levels are maintained at the warehouse and maintain inventory levels at the Uniforms store so that there is no shortage at any time.
* Oversee and assist in the development of management reports, including intervention to all complaints received within Uniform stores and provide resolutions.
* Supervise the issuance team ensuring effective delivery of internal service, customer satisfaction, and continuous improvement of the department’s products and services.
* Operates the company vehicle in order to support Uniform Centre operational requirements by ensuring that deliveries or pick-ups are initiated in time, assist with pick-ups or delivery as and when required so as to maintain schedule and timelines.
Management & Leadership
* Supervise and guide issuance teams’ manpower and resources planning process for the business unit.
* Encourage and improve work culture including building and maintaining team spirit by fostering communication and interaction amongst peers to develop strong bonds and building relationships thereby making interactions and relation management easier.
* Perform daily briefing and/or coaching sessions to ascertain that each staff member is updated on the application standard and procedures.
* Establish the team’s objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
* Regularly evaluate the teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
* Conducts a thorough research about suppliers for demanded products and services, gets quotations from suppliers, compares quotations, negotiates with suppliers when necessary, prepares comparison and approvals (check list) for quotations, determines the company with the best offer and presents those offers to the Head – Procurement.
* Prepares and delivers Order/Contract letter for the approved company, ensures that the contract/order signed/approved by the supplier company is processed, records the activity in system.
* Prepares annual supplier assessments and to submit annual assessment reports to the management.
* Contributes to the constant development and improvement of purchasing standards, policies and procedures and provided services by VISTARA.
* You will work closely with key partners in design & development, raw materials development, and quality teams in order to allocate production which leverages the best results from the supply base.
* You will assist in negotiating the best costs without compromising the brand’s quality or on-time deliveries. An important aspect of this role is seeking maximum value for the Company through time and cost agreements.
* Confirm that uniforms standards as per Company Policy are met ensuring distribution and delivery of uniforms and other uniform material to staff in a systematic and orderly manner, will be fully aware of all deliverables to be made on each day. Ensure excellent customer service and standards are set and be able to run a consistent, pleasant, seamless and trouble-free environment. Responsible to communicate appropriate requirement to the appointed supply vendors and maintain appropriate inventory of uniforms and all stock items guaranteeing distribution to all delivery locations in a timely and cost efficient manner.
* Ensure that the company image and value systems are upheld at all times
* Ensure compliance to all laid down processes
* Purchase procedures compliance & Implementation of Best Practices
* Cost Control & Profit Enhancement
* Adds value by prioritizing work that contributes to the successful execution of strategies and plans.
* New Initiatives & re-engineering of Costs
* Takes independent action; attempts to influence events to achieve results; seizes opportunities in a responsive manner; has a bias for action and taking appropriate risks.
* Proactively shares knowledge; communicates new methods of working efficiently to work group and appreciates knowledge and experience shared by others.
* Provide functional expertise for model operation; assure most efficient use of information technology.
* Develops team mission and goals and maintains teams focus.
* Develops specific plans to ensure achievement of team goals.
* Feedback & Performance Analysis.
* Setting up innovative systems for inventory control.
* Three or more years of experience in textiles related to development, production and sourcing in a multi-cultural environment, preferably in the apparel industry.
Interested candidates can apply at this